Potsdamomente's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Why I love doors and how I take photos of them

Hi @Potsdamomente

Thank you for sharing this valuable info 🙂 These pictures of yours look great! 

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Hi @TsekoV it really depends on what you do what sort of camera you should select. The GoPro (and other action cams) are quite limited in their behaviour and while you can use them for still photography they have an extremely wide field of view (to capture the action) and images appear distorted with nearer objects appearing significantly bigger than further objects and straight lines will appear curved.

Generally my advice to people starting out is to find an inexpensive point and shoot with a zoom lens or if you want something more advanced an interchangeable lens mirrorless camera. I'm not going to push you down one brand path or another. They all have good and bad points. Whichever you choose, always try them out, make sure the camera starts up quickly enough, that it has removable rechargeable batteries and uses a commonly available card (e.g. SD Card).

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the informative tips @PaulPavlinovich. Will really take them into account and pick up one in near future.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Contributor

Hi @Potsdamomente,

I really enjoyed this post. I, too, have admired and photographed cute-looking doors during my travels. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Former Google Contributor

Photographing doors is a hobby of its own @npishak and I am happy that we all share the love for it. I am really looking forward to seeing a photo or two of your favorite shots. : )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Tseko V, Цеко,

Казвам се Димитър Петров. Аз вече от 10 години снимам врати от местата, на които ходя. Освен врати и порти снимам комини и камини. Имах общности в Google+. В момента стартирах групи в социалната мрежа MeWe. Името на групата за врати е "The doors, of course!", а на комините е " Chimneys & Fireplaces". Ако имаш или си създадеш профил в MeWe можеш да станеш член на някоя от моите групи. Здраве и успехи! Димитър Петров.Врата от Паралия-Катерини, Гърция.Врата от Паралия-Катерини, Гърция.

Врата от Паралия-Катерини, Гърция.Врата от Паралия-Катерини, Гърция.

Врата от  скалните манастири Метеора, Гърция.Врата от скалните манастири Метеора, Гърция.

Най-старата дървена врата в Европа - стария град Будва, Черна гора.Най-старата дървена врата в Европа - стария град Будва, Черна гора.