prashik97's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Why I am not receiving any perks ?

As of now I am a level three local guide and few of my friends are on same level but like them I am not receiving any mail of perk .As now they have received a gift of customised socks to be delivered to them but I haven't received any mail.Why is it so in my case?

Pune, Maharashtra, India
25 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Why I am not receiving any perks ?

@prashik97 Local Guides is a voluntary program with no financial reward. However, once a while, there could be small perks provided to help motivate contributors. Sometimes perks could be announced in LG Connect, so stay active here. And sometimes announced through email.

To set email notification for perks, contributions, product updates etc, head to https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

Regarding the specific perk you are sharing which might be a pair of Local Guides designed socks or some other, and as far as I can gather through what others are sharing publicly, the perk is selectively sent to selective Local Guides in selective countries only through email. Not everyone will receive this perk. Having said that, maybe mails are still being sent out, I don't know for sure. But in the end, if one doesn't receive this perk, we just continue to contribute in our free time when we can, so to help the community around us. Maybe in the future we might also selectively receive something. No guarantees though.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@prashik97 Local Guides is a voluntary program with no financial reward. However, once a while, there could be small perks provided to help motivate contributors. Sometimes perks could be announced in LG Connect, so stay active here. And sometimes announced through email.

To set email notification for perks, contributions, product updates etc, head to https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

Regarding the specific perk you are sharing which might be a pair of Local Guides designed socks or some other, and as far as I can gather through what others are sharing publicly, the perk is selectively sent to selective Local Guides in selective countries only through email. Not everyone will receive this perk. Having said that, maybe mails are still being sent out, I don't know for sure. But in the end, if one doesn't receive this perk, we just continue to contribute in our free time when we can, so to help the community around us. Maybe in the future we might also selectively receive something. No guarantees though.

Level 6

Thank you for the help it wasn't just about the perk thing but it was like everyone is receiving something but why not I.Now the idea is clear so no problem.Thank you once again for the help.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @prashik97,

Thanks for reaching out!

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Perks may be offered from time to time.

To maximise your chances of being eligible for a future perk opportunity, continue to add high quality contributions to Google Maps.

I am sure you will find your answer in @StephenAbraham's reply, he explained it very well.

I am letting you know that I am moving your post to the how-tos section. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Hello Google Local Guide program head.... in Nov 2018 i recived a mail from google, that i am among few google local guide and eligible for local guide perk i.e. google socks i filled the deatils and submit the form in due time, and recived a mail that your perk will be delivered with in 4-6 weeks but till now i.e. feb 2019 i did not recived my perk and appriciation letter from google local guide... plz help me out in this..... my registered google local guide email id is ankur.svits2010

Level 7

Your Special Edition Local Guides Socks have been shipped via local post. You should receive your order in about 1 to 3 weeks, depending on your location and local post speed. Tracking numbers are not available for this perk. Thank you for being part of the Local Guides community.

This mail I have received at 14 Feb 2019, 22:39 but till now I have not received any parks what can I do now.....

mayank singh
Level 7

Hi!

I received the message that a perk was send to me after registering my address and the same would be received in 1-3 weeks but approx 4 weeks are done but i have not received any. Neither Do I have any tracking numberas it was sent by ordinary post.

Can I do something to track? or Do I sit and wait for it to arrive???

Thank you

Vineet Kumar

#kumarvineets #Vineetspeaks 

VINEET KUMAR
Level 6

Same is the case with me. Did not receive it even after re-ordering. Got the confirmation twice but did not receive it even once. 

Level 8

Hi Prashik, I am also on Level 7 and not received any perks as of yet. Have you received anything yet? If so could you assist me too? 

Thanks!

Elroy J
Level 6

no yar... still waiting from last 6 months..... they always said we send u.. but til now i never got it...