AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Who is the most inspiring Local Guide you know?

Caption: An illustration of a group of people walking up to a collection box while holding pieces of paper to nominate an influential Local Guide.Caption: An illustration of a group of people walking up to a collection box while holding pieces of paper to nominate an influential Local Guide.From holding accessibility meet-ups to reviewing small businesses on Google Maps, Local Guides like you have a variety of passions. Through the program, you share those passions with others and inspire them to make a positive impact in their communities, too.

We want to learn more about the Local Guides who have inspired you. Maybe they’re on a mission to make it easier for people with wheelchairs to get around. Maybe they add information about hospitals and clinics so people can find medical care in their city. Or maybe they take the best food photos you’ve seen on Google Maps. Whatever it is that makes them special, we want to know about it.

Who is one inspiring Local Guide you think we should know? Tell us why in the comments below.

296 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Who is the most inspiring Local Guide you know?

Definitely hard to limit it to just one but a few that come to mind for their dedication to the program through contributions such as special meet-ups among many other things would have to include @LucioV@SanyaOdare@IlankovanT, @KarenVChin@TraciC, & @AlejandraMaria. I've seen these individuals pour their heart into the program and their local communities (including being able to build a lot of awareness about LG among those in their communities) and it is always inspiring to see what they do :). Sorry for not just mentioning just one, haha!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Googler

Thank you for the mention, @SP31! I find it hard to pick just one person, too, which is why I didn't comment just yet as I think through it all (but also don't want to play favorites). I think Local Guides like you who are Local Guides to be helpful to others are inspiring in and of itself, too! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@SP31 wrote:

Definitely hard to limit it to just one but a few that come to mind for their dedication to the program through contributions such as special meet-ups among many other things would have to include (removed to add mine). I've seen these individuals pour their heart into the program and their local communities (including being able to build a lot of awareness about LG among those in their communities) and it is always inspiring to see what they do :). Sorry for not just mentioning just one, haha!

Thanks for mentioning me @SP31!

I agree on some of your names... it's not easy to quote everyone, so I will try:

@IlankovanT for the geographical exploration and the friendship spreaded around the world

@ErmesT because we started together something that now is bigger than ourselves

@ShafiulB because is a very passionate Local Guide, always ready to help

@MahabubMunna for being one of the most active LG in the world

@OSAMA my friend, and the best friend an LG could have

@PaulPavlinovich for being so helpful and friendly on Connect

@LuisRG for being a great LG in addition to a PM

@TraciC because is always ... jumping for joy!

@Badruddeen always ready to give us gifts from Maldivian paradise

And many, many others i can't mention!

Level 10

@TraciC last 5 year non stop support me .

@Corrie for always response massage  any time dossend matter day or night.

@LucioV around 3-4  year i follow him to learn about 360 degree photography

@SoniaK for last 2-3 year Bangladesh local guides better planning and write up documents .

@KarenVChin @ErmesT allways inspired me to more active there 

@OSAMA for always worm up this connect forum

@SajolKDas allways support to better arrangement meetup 

@lutfulkabir  @MuhiburRSaad @Asif  @RaihanulIslam  for help me to start community 2015

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

@TraciC aww, thanks, Traci! Totally get where you're coming from though, and that's why I love this community more than anything - where else can one have friends from all over the world who can not only teach, but inspire as well! 🙂 

@LucioV how could I have forgotten @OSAMA 😄 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Thanks you for mentioning me @LucioV

I want to say that you inspired, helped me, to start a project that now is becoming bigger than us, but still running.

@TraciC and @Corrie, that welcomed me, in my first steps, encouraging me to go ahead.

@FaridTDF, my Moderator.

@KarenVChin, my best friend, always helpful. She changed my life in the community.

And many many more

Googler

Since the post was to ask for just one, here goes: @IlankovanT for all the advocacy he does for Local Guides and for the environment. Check out this running post of his 44+ meet-ups! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

I've always wanted to say something about @MahabubMunna but never got any opportunity to do so. Therefore, first of all, thank you @AriMar for this post. 

Now, to begin with, I've started my journey as a Local Guide from the last year, November. MahabubMunna is the first guy from whom I've heard about it. He then also introduced me with this platform, Local Guides Connect; and, helped me to make my journey as a local guide much smoother. 

He helped me to organize my first meet up. Meanwhile, always welcomed me to attend the meet ups organized by him and Bangladesh Local Guides.

This guy is an inspiration to all the young and junior local guides of Bangladesh. He always has wonderful ideas for meetups and all.

For him, the official facebook page of Google Local Guides featured our International Mother Language day and I'm really happy and proud to be a part of making that video too. For his idea people from all over the world was able to connect with us, a bit more than usual. 

Meanwhile, he always helps the local guides of Bangladesh if we face any problems or have any confusion about anything related to Google Map or Local Guides Connect. 

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't get the chance of attending Connect Live 2018 without the help of @MahabubMunna. He taught me so many things, from writing better reviews to taking good photos and all.

In one sentence, this guy is the Rockstar of our Bangladesh Local Guides community.

Our Rockstar holding the flag of our country (Bangladesh) at Google HQ.Our Rockstar holding the flag of our country (Bangladesh) at Google HQ.

Level 8

বড় ভাইয়ের মত যারা গাইড করেছেন গত ৪ (চার) বছর,

@MahabubMunna  গত ৪ বছরে যাকে অনেক বিরক্ত করেছি এবং যার হাত ধরে এতদূর আসা,

@SajolKDas  সব সমায় ভাল পরামর্শ দিয়ে গাইড করেছেন,

আর কজন আছে  যাদের কথা না বললেই না @MuhiburRSaad ভাই,  @zoburaz ভাই, @asif  ভাই ,  @lion ভাই  @SoniaK আপু, @sahed, @anazizullah , @সামিম শুভ ভাই , @Sourav_Biswas