JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Who is that Level 0 local guide?

In the overview of badges, I have noticed that the number of LGs with the badge "Local Guides" is always 1 less than the number of LGs with the badge "Level 1 Local Guide". The count of both steadily goes up, but the difference is always there. 

LG level 0.PNG

The obvious explanation: somewhere out there, there is someone with the extremely rare (as there apparently is only 1) Level 0 badge. Who on earth could it be? And how does (s)he cope with the stress caused by the knowledge that earning even just 1 silly little point (even by accident) will cause that badge to be lost as (s)he will then be Level 1 - and we all know by experience that Level 1's (or higher) no longer have the Level 0 badge...

@moderators: please do not spend your time crafting an elaborate answer; in case you had not figured it out by now: this is purely meant as an entertaining post. Not all of those have to be about food, right?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
13 comments
Level 8

Re: Who is that Level 0 local guide?

Awesome finding @JanVanHaver! I wish I would have discovered it myself. I have now clue though why this can be, unless it's part of the "dust."

Connect Moderator

It was already there before they began stirring the dust, @CaptainHook - I just never took the time to write the post 🙂

Probably some database glitch or so.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Great post :))))))))

Level 8

But it wasn't always so, as shown by @HamidA in the picture here.

It can be a glitch. But it can be just the reality. There isn't a condition to contribute to the maps before you become a local guide, is it?

Level 10

@JanVanHaver that can be their demo accounts they have some demo accounts

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Connect Moderator

Aha, that is very interesting, @CaptainHook! That screenshot indeed proves that our infamous Level 0 friend is not within the earliest 10% of LGs. We're getting there 😉

That old post in fact raises the same question as I did a few days ago, and also did not get any conclusive answer.

Connect Moderator

Good point @AmbrishVarshney, I have indeed seen moderators refer to those when people point out unexpected things related to accounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like it @JanVanHaver

I like how u are describe all of this...

Maybe one of my favorite post ever seen on Connect 🙂

Level 9

"maybe"   this is the one u ask about @JanVanHaver 😉

greetings to all stars @Anonymous @AmbrishVarshney @CaptainHook @Rezgar 🙂