AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Who is someone special you’ve met through this community?

I have not met anyone, I have been here for a few months, I can not choose who is special because for me you are all special and important, at this moment in my database you are present in over 300 (among those who follow my posts, who gives me advice , who helped me at the beginning months, who knows me in 5 minutes ...) so thank you all, I'd like to meet you ... but now it's not possible ... I have even less than half a century of time but to meet you live ...

thank you all for being there ...

GIO' 

Connect Moderator

What a beautiful question @AriMar, my first tought is that I cannot tag more than 10 people 😞

But for sure I need to mention @LucioV and @manulele81, aka the Italian Local Heroes. They introduced me to the Friendship of the Local Guides World, after two years (yes, my second Connect Birthday was a few days ago), we still meet each other when possible, despite the long distance.

@FaridMonti, my first moderator, a friend now, we chat almost everyday.

How to forget  OSAMA? Friends forever, we had the opportunity for a lot of funny days (and night) in the community.

KarenVChin, friends from our first chat, and more friends after our first 10 minutes together. The beautiful story of that moment is in a "four hands post, that sometime I love to re-read: My San Francisco: Being a Local Guide for Another Local Guide. Karen is talking about friendship in another wonderful post: What's the best thing about being a Local Guide?

What about this wonderful post from @Haseeb, Global Friendships via LG's Program !

There are many other to mention, like @MahabubMunna, or @SanyaOdare, that we can see on the cover of your post together with Alessandra. but I have finished my tag limit.

Sanya (my Mr. smile friend) gave me the ispiration for this video. Friendship can be a lifelong smile

Thank you to all the other local guide that have tagged me in this post, I have to say OMG.

Torben, so happy for the opportunity that you gave us, when coming in Treviso.

@AlejandraMaria, that I meet in San Francisco, then in Treviso for the wine MeetUp

@bdmafuz@AmbrishVarshney, thank you

Hey @Gio51x - Online friend virtually traveling all the planet

@helga19 that I will meet in September and....

...and, Thank you for your friendship, @TraciC, you are a great person

Photo by Traci Cappiello.jpg

and more, and more, and more

Level 10

@AriMar This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. That’s my brother @SanyaOdare 👍

Level 10

dear @ErmesT 

thanks for mentioning me, yes, I travel all day with SV in the planet, compatibly with work and other commitments, these days I'm carefully exploring Lima and other places a little everywhere in the world ...

thanks for the advice you gave me from the beginning here in the Connect and at this point thanks to my dear friend @LucioV  that with @VicL1  you also helped me to learn SVT techniques

Level 10

Great post Dear @AriMar

Thank you for sharing and start this topic. 
Thank you, my Dear friends, @TorM  @AmbrishVarshney  @bdmafuz  @helga19  for mentioning me.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

a big THANKS also to my dear friend @Safdarrai which besides here also follows my post of railways on facebook

Level 10

a big THANKS also to @Anonymous
who introduced me to the members of the community of Japan I take this opportunity with this post to say goodbye and to thank also my Japanese friends. 

私は日本のコミュニティのメンバーに私を紹介しました。私はこのポストでこの挨拶をして、さようならと私の日本人の友人にも感謝する機会を持ちます。

Level 10

Hi all my Dear Fellow

For all the time I was in Connect, I put the priority on four topics

1. Write about the beauty and attractions of my country and share its photos.
2. Helping friends who write questions on different pages.
3. Promote and track my own questions.
4. Greetings with the rest of my local guides and friends.

After my duty to Google Maps, I love greeting and speak with my new friends about their cultures and their opinions.

Let me mention some of them because of 10 tagging limitation.

Thanks,   @ErmesT @helga19 @Gio51x @TorM @bdmafuz @Badruddeen  @AmbrishVarshney @NareshDarji  @Safdarrai  @TraciC

Best Regards
Rezgar

Connect Moderator

This will undoubtedly be one of the toughest questions posed on Connect! I've too many, far too many to even list - I've met so many great people due to Local Guides that I'm beyond thankful for everyone that I've crossed paths with online and in person. Some of those include my fellow Summit '17 alums @Shirley@TraciC@KarenVChin@KimberlyAnnG@HeyJoe@DDuangnet@JenneferB@JR_Curley@JonasKL@SoniaK, AlexPssn (too many tags), U-Roy (too many tags), Shirni (too many tags), OSAMA (too many tags), & Nate Corliss (can't find username) to name just a fraction of many. Each have individually expressed to me what makes them passionate about being a Guide and we've even found common ground through each of our respective passions and hobbies. They all have also have individualistic and fun personalities that have only made my experience in this program more enhanced than I could have ever imagined. I've even been lucky enough to catch up with a few outside of the Summit! LCG has only been a great tool in staying connected to these people that are very important to me and to the program as well. Even aside from these people, I've a ton of great people through the LGC boards who have been able to share their knowledge and lives with me. I love this community. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

thanks also to  @BakulMehta for the thousand and more 'like as well as @AdriansyahPutera and @Rezgar