AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Who is someone special you’ve met through this community?

Caption: A photo of two Local Guides taking a selfie using a selfie stick at the Local Guides Summit in 2017. (Wendy George)Caption: A photo of two Local Guides taking a selfie using a selfie stick at the Local Guides Summit in 2017. (Wendy George)

Local Guides like you share your rich cultures, exciting experiences, and knowledge with millions of others on Google Maps to help them better understand our world. Along the way, many of you have developed amazing friendships --- and today we want to learn more about them!  

July 30 is International Day of Friendship, a day started by the United Nations to remind us how friendship can promote peace and build bridges between communities around the globe.

To celebrate, we want to read about the friendships you’ve made through the Local Guides program. Whether you’ve connected through an accessibility meet-up, learned more about their country’s cuisine through posts on Connect, or bonded during a Local Guides Summit, we want to know about the great friends you’ve made thanks to this community.

So, tell us in the comments below: who is someone special you’ve met through this community? How have they made a positive impact in your life?  

142 comments
Level 6

Re: Who is someone special you’ve met through this community?

This is a tough question really. Prior of joining this community i have no idea about such about such a big community ever. After being a member of this community now I have many friends in  the world. Who enrich my knowledge and help me to be a global citizen. @AriMar Happy International Friendship  Day .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing with us, during my local guide journey i got a lot of sincere and motivated LG friends like @Haseeb @AkmalB @AlejandraMaria @Justine2807

Regards

Ata Ur Rehman 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hola @AriMar, buena pregunta, primero felicitarte por el post y segundo, uno trata con mucha gente aquí, unos con más afinidad que otros, pero sin duda alguna para mi, las amistades más especiales son y por este orden @ faridmonti y @ tss, creo que son estupendas personas y ávidas de leernos los post que publicamos, y aportan a mi persona, ganas de prosperar en la plataforma Connect por sus criterios a la hora de desgranar las intervenciones que tenemos, por la calidad de sus aportaciones y por sus iniciativas( en esto @ faridmonti se lleva la palma) y las fotos tan fantásticas, en general estoy muy agusto con el espíritu de Connect y espero que con lo nuevo que está por llegar, lo único que no cambie sea el espíritu, en general, casi todo el mundo de esta plataforma es para mí una oportunidad única de relacionarme con ellos y tener un trato amable y afable y valla para todos y cada uno un saludo muy especial en el día de la amistad, un saludo

Pablo

Level 9

Hello @AriMar

Thanks for sharing this beautiful post with us. 

And, feel free to read this post about my friendships which I have wrote few months ago 🙂

Connect Moderator

For me is friendship something very special and high rated. So, I have not so many friends, but many great people (acquaintances) around me. 

Friendship is growing and a process.

Here on LG connect the deepest impact on me, have been the visit of @manulele81

in Norcia. I learned within some hours so much!

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/A-visit-in-Norcia/m-p/903762#M251202

This was thanks to @ErmesT . Him and his wife we met on the way back from Italy to Germany.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/A-visit-in-Treviso/m-p/903110#M67738

So, I joined the LG connect active in April 2018 and met already 11 active local guides in Person. All they are valuable for me and there is the potential that the relationship moves from acquaintance to friendship.

Fantatic community and happy to meet soon as well @helga19 and others in Kraków on the European Meet Up!

Special regards to @Rezgar . 

I really like as well the virtual contacts very much!!!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Hi @AriMar i am not so old in connect, but i have lots of friends around the world, i can't mention everyone name here, but i want to mention some special people name @Atsukot @ErmesT @DavidTito @AmbrishVarshney @OSAMA @Rezgar @ShafiulB @NareshDarji @DeniGu  Everyone is very helpful for me  in connect. I hope my friend list will increase day by day.

Level 10

My list too too much big but try to share my collection photos 

Specially @TraciC @MegS @CorrieD with out there help impossible to develop Bangladesh local guides 

22366839_10213219652781890_8338263567606354062_n.jpg75th meetup75th meetupall in one Meetup, networking , Friendship and many moreall in one Meetup, networking , Friendship and many more 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Hi @AriMar i am not so old in connect, but i have lots of friends around the world, i can't mention everyone name here, but i want to mention some special people name @Atsukot @ermest @DavidTito @ambrishvarshney @OSAMA @Rezgar @ShafiulB @NareshDarji @DeniGu  Everyone is very helpful for me  in connect. I hope my friend list will increase day by day.

Level 10

Happy friendship day @AriMar and all of my LG friends.