AnitaAO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Who is A Moderator And A Googler?

Hello Local guides,

I was thinking and I said to my self, connect moderators are doing quite a great job because I assumed I understand, because it's not easy to serve many people despite how small a position is... I didn't think much on Googlers though, I had mix feelings as to why they are here, why googlers messages are always pinned, why? How? What?.. 

On a second thought I think it's wise all moderators and Googlers comment on this post.

We need clarifications on what your duties are and what your duty is not, how to contact you and how not to contact you..I am sure some local guides wants to know more about your position, those who already know may need clarifications too, there could be misconceptions too.

Also it's an avenue for all of us to meet with you all...One line of introduction too will be greatly appreciated..

@ErmesT

@KarenVChin

@TraciC and other moderators and googlers

A-Beta
Lagos, Nigeria
15 comments
Level 8

Re: Who is A Moderator And A Googler?

Hello Anita @AnitaAO

A moderator is someone who has higher authorities to moderate Connect. Moderators come in as Google Moderators (Googlers) as well as a few Local Guides as moderators.

A Googler is an employee of Google.

Messages pinned at the top are considered important current topics.

Follow this thread. Every month a moderator is featured in this post. You can also see past featured moderators. 

Meet the Google moderators.

Note: There are also Google Administrators on Connect.

@TraciC is the Local Guides Program Manager.

Anita, I hope this clarifies your concerns.

Thanks

Level 8

Hello @AnitaAO

Google Moderatos:

Google employees on the Local Guides team are Google moderators. Google moderators are easily identifiable due to the G added to their avatars and the title “Google Moderator”. Google Moderators help you with some feedback, with some issue that you may have or with something else.

Connect Moderators: 

Connect moderators are not Google Employees, they are level 5 Local Guides who regularly contribute to both Google Maps and Local Guides Connect. Connect Moderators help moderate the Local Guides Connect forum. 

Hope you understood now. 

Namaste, Niraj

Level 9

Thank you @Badruddeen, your explanation was ok... 

A-Beta
Level 9

Thank you for this resourceful post @ErmesT. Am certain other local guides appreciate it too

A-Beta
Level 9

Nice contributions @NirajBhusal

A-Beta
Connect Moderator

Of course @AnitaAO

Feel free to explore / navigate through the link to know a bit more about Moderators. For any questions, just ask. We are here to help

@NirajBhusal, of course, Level five and over

Ermes

Level 8

Anita, You are most welcome. 🙏 @AnitaAO

Wishing you all the best.

Connect Moderator

@AnitaAO, you are asking great questions. i’m sure there many fellow Local Guides here on Connect wondering, but maybe to shy to ask.

Looks you received some great responses from @Badruddeen@NirajBhusal and @ErmesT to your question.

Cheers,

Karen