RudraS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Who are the 'Share your India' contest winners ?

@ArjunK wrote:

Aha.. 😞

I just missed by one review, i got 11th place.

Anyways all the best Winners.

@AradhanaB wrote:

The winners of 'Share your Local Knowledge' for the year 2016 are

Vikash Mishra

Ravi Kanthaliya

Suman Gope

Amith ES

Talla Raghunandan

Kapalawai Sandeep

Mayank Bagaria

Pratik Joshi

Diksha Khichi

Shreyas Mahajan

Congratulations to all the winning Local Guides, and thank you to all others who made the contest a success. 

Hey  , how did you found out that you are 11 th  ? And how many reviews had you published  ? 

@ArjunK wrote:

Aha.. 😞

I just missed by one review, i got 11th place.

Anyways all the best Winners.

@AradhanaB wrote:

Vikash Mishra

Ravi Kanthaliya

Suman Gope

Amith ES

Talla Raghunandan

Kapalawai Sandeep

Mayank Bagaria

Pratik Joshi

Diksha Khichi

Shreyas Mahajan

Congratulations to all the winning Local Guides, and thank you to all others who made the contest a success. 

Level 8

@ravik wrote:

Thanks Google. It's great to be part of Google Local guides team and such contests surely gives that extra boost to our enthusiasm. I'm highly excited for Nexus 5X. Looking forward towards more contribution to local guides community.

Hey  ! Congrats  ! How many reviews have you published during the contest  ? Were all with photos ? 

Level 8

Congratulations to all of you

Level 8

@AradhanaB Hi

You Mentioned the name of winners as--

Vikash Mishra

Ravi Kanthaliya

Suman Gope

Amith ES

Talla Raghunandan

Kapalawai Sandeep

Mayank Bagaria

Pratik Joshi

Diksha Khichi

Shreyas Mahajan

Nice to know. Thanks for sharing & Congrats to expert all the winners #localguides. Carry on.

Thanks

Level 8

Wow! Congrats to all the winners! It is always a great experience to improve the knowledge about the world through Google maps.

regards,
Anil
Level 8

Where do you see the review score/number of reviews by the winners?

regards,
Anil
Level 10

I was elated when I found a mail in my inbox that read : Congratulations! Your high-quality reviews on Google Maps won you a LG Nexus 5X. Congratulations to all the winners out there. Keep up the good work, my friends. 

I'm that lazy guy who always rate the place (I've been to) in a hurry, move on thinking I'll write detailed review someday and later binge-write reviews in one go. Having a backlog of reviews helped me to an extent - yeah, my laziness finally paid me off. *evil grin*

(And, no brownie points for guessing that my review points are much lower than the other four categories ;))

@IvanY wrote:

@PiyushD Just curious, why do you want to see the profiles of the winners?

I'm taking the liberty to anwer this though it's not directed at me. Hope you wouldn't mind 😉

Before the official annoucement on Nov 4th, I shared a snippet from the mail saying I've won a Nexus 5X in few closed private groups (ones we Local Guides have on WhatsApp and Hangouts for all the off-topic discussions). Many asked me to share few samples of reviews that I've written - guess, they wanted to know how fellow users write reviews 

The Help Article on Tips for writing great reviews does not include any examples. And, I believe it's better to learn from real life examples : i) few negative reviews tend to be filled with profanities ignoring the be nice policy and constructive criticism part (I flag them btw), ii) people come up with their own 1-5 point systems to grade different aspects (say, service, food, ambience, etc in case of a restaurant). The point here being, there is always something to learn from other's reviews 

And it's up to the winners to decide if they want to make their Local Guides profile public on Local Guides Connect. Period (one can find my profile link towards the end of the post)

@KarthiK wrote:

Approximately? How many reviews you done in the conte

MananS wrote:.

Hey  ! Congrats  ! How many reviews have you published during the contest  ? Were all with photos ? 

I wrote close to 100 reviews (with and without pics) during the contest period. I prefer store front pics with no people in the frame and I had to go ahead without pics for places which were always crowded.

Remember, only the reviews were counted for the Share Your India contest.

@PrinceM wrote:

Where can I read the successful reviews.

You can read the reviews of the winners provided you find their Local Guides Profile. Google is my friend and all the profiles were just a search away for me 😉

And, here is the link to my profile - https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/101065313401739442558/reviews/

Level 9

Hi @AradhanaB

Thanks for your information. Congraulation for All Winner LG. I want to know that LG 10 winners which location india

Level 10

Anyone among the 10 (obviously, excluding me) received the Nexus 5X?

Sharing the updates I've received chronologically. 

- First week of Nov : Assured an update on shipping in few days

- Second week of Nov : Nexus 5X to be delivered by 15th Dec

- Last week of Nov : Nexus 5X to be delivered by 30th Jan (unforeseen demand and supply problem) 

Level 7

Same here.

@AmithE wrote:

Anyone among the 10 (obviously, excluding me) received the Nexus 5X?

Sharing the updates I've received chronologically. 

- First week of Nov : Assured an update on shipping in few days

- Second week of Nov : Nexus 5X to be delivered by 15th Dec

- Last week of Nov : Nexus 5X to be delivered by 30th Jan (unforeseen demand and supply problem)