kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Where to see dance companies perform

The famous American modern dancer and choreographer Martha Graham once described dance as the “hidden language of the soul.” And while the expression of this language is dazzling enough, it doesn’t hurt that many dance companies perform at some of the world’s most gorgeous theaters.

Explore some of these incredible spaces that come highly recommended by your fellow Local Guides over on Google Earth Voyager. Have you been to any of them? Below are a few of our favorites.

Palacio de Bellas Artes (Mexico City, Mexico)

A mixture of Neoclassical and Art Nouveau on the exterior and Art Deco on the interior, this stunning theater is home to Ballet Folklórico de México, a dance company that combines traditional Mexican folk dancing with ballet. The theater typically hosts the troupe's performances a few times a week.

Caption: A photo of the Palacio de Bellas Artes, a cultural center in Mexico City, showing its Art Nouveau exterior and rainbow-hued glass dome roof. (Local Guide Diego Claudio)Caption: A photo of the Palacio de Bellas Artes, a cultural center in Mexico City, showing its Art Nouveau exterior and rainbow-hued glass dome roof. (Local Guide Diego Claudio)Local Guides say:

“This building is a beautiful neoclassical masterpiece with the interior very art-deco...The theater is stunning with a glass dome and many painted scenes. I saw Ballet Foklorico De Mexico in here and it was one of the most beautiful and enjoyable shoes I've ever been to!!” -Local Guide Sunil Kumar

English National Opera (London, England)

The English National Ballet was founded in 1950 by two stars of Ballets Russes, Alicia Markova and Anton Dolin. Today, the company tours all around the world, but when in London, this spectacular theater, built in 1904, is home to the company's performances.

Caption: A photo of the ornate cream colored, gilded interior of the English National Opera in London with its plush red seats and large stage with a black and gold painted curtain. (Local Guide Sue Pyman)Caption: A photo of the ornate cream colored, gilded interior of the English National Opera in London with its plush red seats and large stage with a black and gold painted curtain. (Local Guide Sue Pyman)Local Guides say:

“English National Ballet at the London Colosseum are always a show not to be missed.” -Local Guide David Brinkman

National Theatre (Prague, Czechia)

Two years after this beautiful theater was opened in 1881, its ballet company, The National Theatre Ballet, was founded. It was the first to stage "Swan Lake" outside of Russia.

Caption: A photo of the red and gold, multi-level interior of the National Theatre in Prague, Czechia, showing the stage and painted curtain. (Local Guide Konstantin Porotchkin)Caption: A photo of the red and gold, multi-level interior of the National Theatre in Prague, Czechia, showing the stage and painted curtain. (Local Guide Konstantin Porotchkin)Local Guides say:

“Great atmosphere, beautiful decor, affordable tickets for spectacular ballets. Highly recommended.” -Local Guide Jan Lokaj

See all of the stunning theaters, and your amazing photos and reviews, over on Google Earth Voyager. What’s the most beautiful theater you’ve ever been to? Tell us in the comments below!

5 comments
Level 10

Re: Where to see dance companies perform

@kmajewski Thanks for sharing and would love to visit these places, I know I can virtually visit them for the moment through Google Earth Voyager. 🙂

Level 9

Hi @kmajewski you are post is really very interesting if we see as a dance.

I really appreciate this.

Level 9

Hello @kmajewski

Thank you for sharing your post with us, I have been to English National Opera in London, England seven years ago.

Level 10

Rif.: Where to see dance companies perform

Hi @kmajewski ! Great Theatres ! They remind me many years ago when I saw and am entranced by a representation of "Swan Lake" by Čajkovskij at the "Fenice" theatre of Venice :"La Fenice"  in Venice"La Fenice" in Venice

More infos about this masterpiece here : La Fenice in Venice

Bye,

David

Level 1

Spoiler

very nice