kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Where to celebrate National Ice Cream Day

Whether its National Donut Day or Pancake Day, we love a good food holiday around here. Lucky for us, this Sunday will be another reason to celebrate a tasty dessert because it’s National Ice Cream Day! Sure, it’s a U.S.-based holiday, but ice cream is delicious, so we think Local Guides all over the world should celebrate, too.

To help you figure out where to go to get the perfect scoop, here are six ice cream spots around the world that are recommended by your fellow Local Guides.

1. Berthillon Glacier (Paris, France)

Caption: A photo of a person holding up two ice cream cones in front of Berthillon Glacier’s wood-paneled Île Saint-Louis location in Paris, France. (Local Guide Ricardo Ceu)Caption: A photo of a person holding up two ice cream cones in front of Berthillon Glacier’s wood-paneled Île Saint-Louis location in Paris, France. (Local Guide Ricardo Ceu)

“Best in Paris. Best in the world. Nothing more to be said. Berthillon you are a legend, you are an institution. Not to mention the incredible location for a beautiful walk any time of the year. Staff very friendly and fast working so the line moves quickly. Best flavor: caramel buerre salée and chocolate” - Local Guide Kaitlin Brondum

2. PABBA’s (Mangalore, India)

Caption: A photo of a three-scoop ice cream sundae with white, pink, and cream colored ice cream in a dish on a table at PABBA’s in Mangalore, India. (Local Guide ABHISHEK SM)Caption: A photo of a three-scoop ice cream sundae with white, pink, and cream colored ice cream in a dish on a table at PABBA’s in Mangalore, India. (Local Guide ABHISHEK SM)

“This is an ice cream parlour. Lot of varieties of ice creams, sundaes and scoops. Kids would love this place. There are sandwiches and samosas too but the crowd puller is definitely ice creams. There will be a wait for about 10 min. They go by a token system. Prices are reasonable. On the whole, would recommend a visit.” - Local Guide leena appicatlaa

3. Salt & Straw (Portland, Oregon)

Caption: A photo of an ice cream flight at Portland, Oregon’s Salt & Straw featuring four scoops of ice cream in small glass bowls with metal spoons on a wooden board. (Local Guide Louis Tran)Caption: A photo of an ice cream flight at Portland, Oregon’s Salt & Straw featuring four scoops of ice cream in small glass bowls with metal spoons on a wooden board. (Local Guide Louis Tran)

“Wow! The best ice-cream I’ve ever had! The olive oil, pear & blue cheese - a must try. Not surprised this place is always packed, but it’s really worth to wait. The staff is very friendly and helpful, you can taste as many as you wish before you decide to buy something. The flight is a good way to enjoy a few flavors at one visit.” - Local Guide Aiste Plechaviciute

4. Zangrandi Ice Cream (Surabaya, Indonesia)

Caption: A photo of three overflowing ice cream sundaes — one traditional, one served on a platter with a rolled wafer cookie, and one served on a wooden skewer with fruit — from Zangrandi Ice Cream in Surabaya, Indonesia. (Local Guide Intan Primadewati)Caption: A photo of three overflowing ice cream sundaes — one traditional, one served on a platter with a rolled wafer cookie, and one served on a wooden skewer with fruit — from Zangrandi Ice Cream in Surabaya, Indonesia. (Local Guide Intan Primadewati)

“A legendary ice cream parlor in surabaya. It was established in the Dutch colonial time. The place had been renovated but still keeping its original form. Well,several minor changes were made though. The original model for furniture, rattan chairs and tables are still used. I always come here to Zangrandi every time I'm in surabaya. For me zangrandi is the best ice cream. My favorite flavors are vanilla and mocha. They also served light snacks and pizza beside ice cream.” - Local Guide Herry Setyawan

5. Sergel Ice Creams (Sao Paulo, Brazil)

Caption: A photo of two ice cream sundaes in cups lined with waffle cone that contains two big scoops of ice cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkles and other candy toppings (Local Guide Victor Verona)Caption: A photo of two ice cream sundaes in cups lined with waffle cone that contains two big scoops of ice cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkles and other candy toppings (Local Guide Victor Verona)

“Real delicious ice cream, 2 places separated, one for eating there and talk with friends, and other for quick purchases of ice cream pots, quiet and calm store with a great service. particularly, I love it.” - Local Guide Vitor Davi

6. Snugburys Ice Cream (Nantwich, England)

Caption: A photo of someone holding an ice cream cone with two scoops in front of the cobblestone courtyard and bright blue awning of Snugburys Ice Cream in Nantwich, England. (Local Guide Michael Hunter)Caption: A photo of someone holding an ice cream cone with two scoops in front of the cobblestone courtyard and bright blue awning of Snugburys Ice Cream in Nantwich, England. (Local Guide Michael Hunter)

“I love Snugburys ice cream. There's a brilliant choice of flavours, so always spoilt for choice. You can also buy some flavours in tubs to take home with you at a very reasonable price. Always nice to have a wander across the field to the hay bale statue. Plenty of seating areas around the courtyard and a small table and chairs inside...” - Local Guide Gillian Taylor-Carr

What’s your favorite place to get ice cream? Tell in the comments below and be sure to leave a review on Google Maps, too!

28 comments
Level 8

Re: Where to celebrate National Ice Cream Day

Hi @kmajewski

Your post is so cool and sweet.

Thanks for sharing colorful ice cream photos.

Regards

Jafar pasha

Level 10

Nice post @kmajewski. Thanks for sharing this post with us. 

Connect Moderator

C7A20F83-67D8-41CA-A679-66E2129BA204.jpeg

Best Ice cream is currently available in Poland ( l‘m so sorry Italy, but it is true).

Home made ice cream. Every cream has a special taste! And the portion is really big!!!!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Amongst your posts @kmajewski this come as a surprise to me ICE CREAM  to have a national day....

Yes have loved the post and to join the celebration I will get my ice cream on the D day here in my Country Uganda so that I be part of the move

kaliroalex
Level 7

I'm too far from where I'd go but if any of you are in the NYC area I highly recommend either

Tipsy Scoop, they have amazing flavors and a kick - Alcohol! What's better than ice cream? boozy ice cream! LOLTipsy ScoopTipsy ScoopBig Gay Ice CreamBig Gay Ice Cream. Picture credit to Google user Yoko

Big Gay Ice Cream, the best ice cream I have ever had! They're classic and seasonal flavors are just amazing, from Oreo Horchata to Salty Pimp (chocolate caramel) they are all great ice creams. Photo credit to Google user Ronnie Kalatizadeh

Level 9

Betreff: Where to celebrate National Ice Cream Day

@kmajewski Lovely post! I’ll have an ice cream later that day 😍 I don’t know which one and where I’ll buy it but I know I’ll enjoy it ☺️

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 10

Yummy ICE CREAM snaps....Thanks @kmajewski for this sweet post.....

Level 8

Ice cream wow 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Level 10

Hi @kmajewski

Thank you for reminding the sweetness of ice-cream to LGC. 

I would suggest two local shops for ice-cream in Thrissur, India

1. in Selex Mall

IMG_20171218_125852059 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

2. in KR Bakes

IMG_20180125_110831489.jpg

BHASI BAHULEYAN