TorM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Where the Babies 👶 come from?

Hello,

I’m curious to know how the babies come in your country. I believe the biological way is the same, so not intersted in this, but the story.

In Germany the white stork is bringing the babies.D78EEFBB-5016-4CFD-A6D5-347913E36E14.jpeg

Some families celebrate this in the way, that they put a wooden stork in front of the house when the baby has arrived.

The white stork is a sign for luck in Germany and as the white stork is a migratory bird who fly to Africa over the winter, and returns in spring he is associated with new life. 

Did you know: Walt Disney uses for the white stork bringing the small elephant Dumbo ? the name Adebar. In old Germania it comes from ade = luck and bar = bear. 

So please share, where your babies come from. I think e.g. in France ?? they come from an other place? ?

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
6 comments
Level 9

Re: Where the Babies 👶 come from?

Very interesting story about where the babies come from @TorM

Thank you for sharing

Connect Moderator

@helga19

@Julien44

Where the babies come from in your country. At least in France I think I know...

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Hi @TorM,

We have 2 stories, Baby boys come from cabbage and baby girls from roses. And we have also the story from the white stork 😉

See you

Jul

Former Google Contributor

We do have the story of the white stork as well, but in my particular case, my parents told me I was bought in a store....

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

Hey @TorM, your post is featured in Friday Favorites, congrats!

It's an interesting topic, and it's really cute that in Germany a white stork is placed when the baby arrives 😊

Here in Argentina we also have the cabbage story, I know about the white stork story too but I believe the cabbage one is the most used. I'm not so sure as I wasn't told a story as far as I know, I don't think I ever asked 😅

I'm very curious about the stories told in other places: @NirajBhusal what about Nepal?

Level 8

Hello @TorM Congratulations on Friday Favorite Choice 🎉 Amusing story and yes I have seen the stork in movies but didn't know about the Luck part. Here in Ireland, when children asked their Mother's , Where did I come from, the Mothers, too Embarrassed to say the biological meaning they would say, Oh, I found you under a Cabbage. So, Cabbage plants were grown in huge field by farmers and we grew them in our garden to have with dinner. I used to search my garden for any babies all the time in hope of a new sister.          A Cabbage PlantA Cabbage Plant

One Christmas, a new toy came out called ,Cabbage patch dolls/babies and one Christmas morning, I woke up and looked under the Christmas tree to see what Santa Claus had left me, and there it was and I wondered, why has Santa left me something that he found under a Cabbage! But I loved her just the same.                        Cabbage patch baby dollCabbage patch baby doll