G00gleforgotboutus's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Where is the love???

We all contribute so much and I get the impression Google has forgotten about rewarding us for our hard work. I'm (only) level 7 and I feel as though I have done a lot for the guide community and it should be recognized as such. Google is an information company, and generates TREMENDOUS profits thanks to the information it acquires. 

Wheres the love Google?

Montreal, QC, Canada
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Where is the love???

Sometimes doing something for fun or as a hobby for free will one day be rewarded. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will be.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Connect Moderator

@G00gleforgotboutus

To contribute to Google Maps is an outstanding virtual GAME that in the end support the Community and all other people in the real world.

For this GAME i get a free worldwide platform, I play it exactly in the environment where I'm and I can add and promote this environment. 

I reduce the communication boarder with owners and people I meet while contributing.

AND i have no need to make appin shopping (pay to win).

No better way to have fun in the real world.

Wish you all the best and please keep contributing as pictures from Canada are by definition beautiful... 😉

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

HI @G00gleforgotboutus

The main reward is helping other people with your reviews, edits and photos in the same way that you are helped by the same from other people. Being a Local Guide is an altruistic undertaking. Of course it strengthens the data held by Google and makes Maps a better product but that is still an advantage for the people who use the product.

Make sure that in your Local Guides notifications that you have emails turned on visit https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings and tick the "Perks box"

perks.PNG

If you contribute positively following the Core Values of Connect and contribute well to Maps you have an opportunity to apply for Connect Live which includes an all expenses paid trip to San Francisco.

Note that there are more than 75 million Local Guides - pretty hard to give a perk to everyone!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @G00gleforgotboutus. I'm sorry to see you feel underestimated. The biggest profits go to the community to use, not the company. All that information is gathered in order to be useful to people all around the world. After all, it is you, me and all of us around as a society that use Google Maps to find our way around. In my opinion, this is the greatest possible perk.

Also, as @PaulPavlinovich mentions, make sure that your Local Guides email notifications are turned on.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich @IrrPavlova I am strongly agree with the thoughts  you have shared. @G00gleforgotboutusThis is the fact I have to face when any new member or any  local guide join in my community,they always ask me about the  benefit.Even they also ask me what I got from my continuous contribution to maps.

When someone ask me about the benefits, I always say ' Local Guides is a voluntary platform.Your contribution will guide others enormously before they visit  it. Ultimately, you are representing your community. 

[Fahim]
Connect Moderator

That's it @zafahim - it is all about our communities.

Former Google Contributor

To put it briefly you could even say: Sharing is caring, @zafahim. ^_^

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

@IrrPavlova thanks for this sweet advice😊   

[Fahim]
Level 7

If only Google felt the same way