kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Where food lovers eat in Paris

Caption: A photo of many rows of colorful macarons in different flavors in a display at Pierre Herme in Paris. (Local Guide Eddie Huynh)Caption: A photo of many rows of colorful macarons in different flavors in a display at Pierre Herme in Paris. (Local Guide Eddie Huynh)

Paris in the springtime is said to be the best time to see the City of Lights, but if you ask me, this marvelous place is at its peak during autumn. Reinvigorated by cooler temperatures after the lazy, hot days of summer—not to mention “les grandes vacance,” the mass exodus of Parisians from the city in August for a month-long vacation—the city has a burst of energy as vibrant as the leaves changing colors.

Another advantage to the impending autumnal weather in Paris is the ability to wear your comfiest pants, most oversized sweater, and requisite scarf, which in addition to keeping you warm on long strolls along the Seine, will also leave plenty of room for pain au chocolat, foie gras, and much more. But where to go to fuel up? These food-loving Local Guides have some ideas.

La Grande Epicerie de Paris

Start your day with a pastry as you browse this high-end international food hall connected to the legendary Le Bon Marché department store.

Caption: A photo of the patisserie at La Grande Epicerie de Paris, which features a glass counter display of pastries and cakes. (Local Guide Massimo Pastori)Caption: A photo of the patisserie at La Grande Epicerie de Paris, which features a glass counter display of pastries and cakes. (Local Guide Massimo Pastori)

Local Guides say:

“Beautiful survey of everything French cuisine. Huge sections for pasta, cheese, bread, meat, chocolate, and everything in between. Very expensive, but really nice browsing experience.” —Julia Enthoven

L'As du Fallafel

Falafel is one of Paris' best-known street foods, and this casual spot in Le Marais offers one of the most talked-about sandwiches in town, which is perfect for a quick lunch while seeing the sights.

Caption: A photo of falafel in a pita with white sauce on top wrapped in a napkin and held up in front of the yellow sign and green storefront of L’As du Fallafel in Paris. (Local Guide Kristin Rimbach)Caption: A photo of falafel in a pita with white sauce on top wrapped in a napkin and held up in front of the yellow sign and green storefront of L’As du Fallafel in Paris. (Local Guide Kristin Rimbach)

Local Guides say:

“This place lives up to its fame. The line moves fast if you have your cash ready. We took our bags of gold (falafel in a pita with all the toppings) to the little hidden park just down the street through a gate on the left.” —Brett Barry

Pierre Hermé

Brightly colored macarons, elegant pastries, and gift-worthy chocolates are the reasons to visit this venerable patisserie for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.

Caption: A photo of a small box of four different flavors of colorful macarons from Pierre Hermé in front of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. (Local Guide Mehdi Idalene)Caption: A photo of a small box of four different flavors of colorful macarons from Pierre Hermé in front of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. (Local Guide Mehdi Idalene)

Local Guides say:

“Beautiful shop. Elegance all the way; customer service is impeccable. I prefer the chocolates, but the macarons are delicious — get a mixture.” —Johana Bonnell

Frenchie Restaurant

Plan in advance with a dinner reservation for the tasting menu at this acclaimed French restaurant, or drop in for a seat at the wine bar next door.

Caption: A thin slice of a cake topped with colorful fruits, vegetables, and flowers on a gray plate from Frenchie Restaurant in Paris. (Local Guide Jake Waage)Caption: A thin slice of a cake topped with colorful fruits, vegetables, and flowers on a gray plate from Frenchie Restaurant in Paris. (Local Guide Jake Waage)

Local Guides say:

“Amazing place, if you manage to get a reservation. Frenchie is the one restaurant you HAVE to visit in Paris if you are a food enthusiast.” —Yana Yordanova

Harry's New York Bar

Cap off your night in the swanky hotel bar where the Lost Generation hung out, which is also the alleged birthplace of many classic cocktails.

Caption: A photo of a drink in a coupe glass on a coaster on the wooden bar at Harry’s New York Bar in Paris. (Local Guide 英誠一朗)Caption: A photo of a drink in a coupe glass on a coaster on the wooden bar at Harry’s New York Bar in Paris. (Local Guide 英誠一朗)

Local Guides say: 

“It's a bit expensive but the drinks are good, the ambiance is great, and it has its style. I will definitely go back.” —Dialekti Valsamou

For even more delicious Parisian eats, see the full itinerary of a perfect day of eating in Paris as recommended by Local Guides on Google Earth Voyager.

Have you ever been to Paris? Tell us about your favorite Parisian restaurant or cafe in the comments below.

16 comments
Level 10

Re: Where food lovers eat in Paris

Very good and informative post @kmajewski

I will visit these places, if I visit Paris someday. 

Level 2

😋أحب الطبخ الفرنسي وأتمنى زيارة باريس لأجل ذلك

Connect Moderator

@kmajewski,

may I ask you to make such posts not at this Central European time, as otherwise going to sleep is to difficult??? I‘m hungry now....

Several of my most viewn pictures I took in Paris or/and around https://goo.gl/maps/KfBXPbYhezq Versailles... 

My big issue is in France always the portions.... 

But before I was addicted by Google Maps I was in 2009 in Paris with my wife (children stayed at Grandparents 😉) and I tell you that somewhere I did eat the most delicious baguette. No macaron can achieve this. But I DO NOT find this place anymore. I‘m so happy to have Maps for reviews now....

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 7

Quench my soul taste 

Level 9

Hello @kmajewski delicious post Thank you for sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

The falafel sandwich and macarons looks so tasty! I just ate breakfast but I'm already hungry.

I will bookmark this, in case I go to Paris in the near future. Thank you for sharing this places with us, @kmajewski!

Connect Moderator

I completely relate to your baguette story, @TorM 😔. The same happened to me, not in Paris as I have never been there, but in New York. I ate an amazing bagel, and the chef even got us free dessert afterwards because he wanted us to try a one he was thinking of putting in the menu, which was great too. I tried looking for it on Maps too, with no results. I'm grateful for my lists, reviews, ratings and for having location history on. There's no way we will lose great places like those now ☺️. 

Level 10

Rif.: Where food lovers eat in Paris

Level 4

Các món ăn you have shared a great food, looks they are very helpful. Ước gì toi can to paris and the friendly food. But not simple. Việt Nam and Paris xa xôi too!

I love you ParisI love you Paris

Thoại Nguyên