OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Where did my post go?

Dear Community Members and Moderators

I wish to inform something rather unusual that happened with one of my posts today.

I made a post called 'A short trip to Pangkor Island Malaysia' in Travel&Advice forum category. It was a travelogue episode and I spent almost about 2 hours composing the post. Once done I was given a confirmation that it was a success and using the 'Go to your post' link, I was able to see all the information and everything looked fine. 

I was very much inclined and was hoping that it might turn up as a feature post because of all the details, but, surprisingly been 10 minutes searching for the post and I cannot find it anywhere on localguidesconnect. Yes, I can see the images from that post, but I believe the post is gone, or perhaps the Moderators review all Travel&Advice posts before it gets to public. 

Could anyone please help me here

cheers

Multan, Punjab, Pakistan
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Where did my post go?

Hi @OmerAli, don't worry, sometime the post are sent to moderation by the system. It Will be probably back in a few hours.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9

Some posts, especially with photos, are pre moderated to check for spam. If there's nothing wrong with it , then your post should be published later

Connect Moderator

@Pea

Thanks a lot mate. 

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @OmerAli, don't worry, sometime the post are sent to moderation by the system. It Will be probably back in a few hours.

Connect Moderator

Dear @ErmesT

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate that

cheers

Former Google Contributor

Hi @OmerAli, as @ErmesT and @Pea noted, we have the spam filter in place and sometimes posts get flagged as spam automatically. The team keeps a close watch on spam quarantine and posts that are not spammy typically get released in 24 hours or less (longer on weekends).  

I've released it from quarantine and your post is now live. You can see it here. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Connect Moderator

@JeslynL 

Thanks a lot for your help. I spent a great deal of time on this post and I feel great to see it LIVE.
I appreciate your efforts keeping this community healthy.

cheers

Level 5

Hey @JeslynL

The same happened to me. I responded to a discussion "3 days in Texas. Suggestions ?" and I don't see my response posted. I was wondering why posts get flagged ? And if you had posting guidelines that I can reference, so that I can avoid this in the future. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Vasooda, your post is now live: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Travel-and-Advice/3-Days-in-Texas-Suggestions/m-p/325439#M1455... 

As I've shared with other community members above, to keep out spammers, we have a spam filter in place and sometimes posts get flagged as spam automatically. There are no particular guidelines for posting except for these tips, but we do observe that posts with external links do stand a higher chance to get flagged. The system is still working on learning to pick up spam more accurately. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

Thanks @JeslynL!
Will be sure to follow the tips and watch out for those external links.

Cheers,
Vasooda