Threesixtography's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Where did all the badges go?

I am a new kid on the block, but I am quite certain that several of my badges disappeared when the new format came online. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know what the issue and fix might be? If any? Thanks!🙏🏻

Danny
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Where did all the badges go?

Hello @Threesixtography, indeed quite a few badges were removed. In the 'old' version you had a lot of different badges for things like Kudos/Likes (1, 5, 25, 50, etc) and now you only have a few badge-levels for those. Also the badges for reaching a specific local guide level have been removed. In my case, this has meant a drop down from 34 badges to 11. Not that I consider that to be a problem - all too many LGs were 'badge-hunting' a lot of the time, by e.g. by giving kudos for every post and comment they came across, just to collect the next 'kudos given' badge.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @Threesixtography, indeed quite a few badges were removed. In the 'old' version you had a lot of different badges for things like Kudos/Likes (1, 5, 25, 50, etc) and now you only have a few badge-levels for those. Also the badges for reaching a specific local guide level have been removed. In my case, this has meant a drop down from 34 badges to 11. Not that I consider that to be a problem - all too many LGs were 'badge-hunting' a lot of the time, by e.g. by giving kudos for every post and comment they came across, just to collect the next 'kudos given' badge.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Indeed!  Thank you @JanVanHaver! It makes sense too, and I can appreciate it. I had already been confused for the different badges and counts on kudos. In that light I give you a kudo and and accepted solution.

Appreciate it!

Dan

Danny
Level 6

Yes, I noticed this too but Im here to Volunteer. I just wish Google Maps would help me with my storage! I can't keep up with my emails! I spend a lot of time reading posts and handing out likes and kudos for fabulous attitude and to people who encourage others! To someone who has not walked in my shoes, it might appear that I am giving kudos forcpoints! I was so surprised to see that I had hit the 1000 mark for kudos given. I work this way to give encouragement to all the Guides that are also working " positively" in their own ways to encourage others to continue good work! There are too many negative thinkers in our world. We need all the wonderful hardworking Localguides who are "selflessly" giving of themselves to make this wonderful program work!

ChristineBrandon