futnotecom's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Where The Great Phinisi Ships Was Built, South Sulawesi, Indonesia

The phinisi is a traditional Indonesian two to a three-masted sailing ship. It was mainly built by the Konjo tribe, a sub-ethnic group of Bugis-Makassar mostly residents at the Bulukumba regency of South Sulawesi. But was, and still is used widely by the Buginese and Makassarese, mostly for inter-insular transportation, cargo and fishing purposes within the Indonesian archipelago.

UNESCO designated Pinisi boat-building art as Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity at the 12th Session of the Unique Cultural Heritage Committee on Dec 7, 2017.

DSCF6258.jpg

DSCF6242.jpg

DSCF6259.jpg

DSCF6238.jpg

DSCF6262.jpg

Pembuatan kapal pinisi, Sapo Lohe, Kabupaten Bulukumba, Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia
5 comments
Level 7

Re: Where The Great Phinisi Ships Was Built, South Sulawesi, Indonesia

Hi @futnotecom 

Beautiful your photos. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Level 7

Hello 

What are the raw materials that those ships are build?The originals ships are build the same wood that are today build?

Level 8

Hi @Ggel 

Thank for your comment. 

Level 8

Well, there's a lot of rituals to build this ship. Since it was a traditional ship, there only a traditional ritual could do it.

The material is from Gufasa trees, the endemic tree from that region. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @futnotecom 

I'm going to hold a virtual meet-up #WorldChallenge South Sulawesi, Indonesia on 24 July 2021. It's like a virtual quiz for Local Guides all around the world. For the example and schedule,  you could see on the link below

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Karnataka-WorldChallenge-Study-Guide-Meet-u...

I like your post. Can I use this article as the questions for the upcoming quiz?

If you don't mind, please add the title of this post with :  #WorldChallenge South Sulawesi, Indonesia 

Thank you 😃