Raphael-Mahumane's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

When writing a post

Hello local guides, I have been writing posts here a few times and noticed that some of  our members here bellow their comments or posts they have this text with blue color and I do not know how to create it which may be showing your Google+, Facebook, twitter and other social media profiles. here is the screenshot bellow.

Blue text bellow a comment or postBlue text bellow a comment or post

I would like to know how to include this to my comments or posts as this makes it easy for other local guides to get in touch with you in case they need to.

Thank you.

17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: When writing a post

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane,

These blue links that you see under the users' post are their signature. You can also make one for you. 

I can recommend you two post that will help you to create your own signature. The post are Create Signature For Local Guide Profile and Assinatura com links e imagens nas suas postagens

I hope you'll find this information helpful and I want to see if you manage to do it. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane,

These blue links that you see under the users' post are their signature. You can also make one for you. 

I can recommend you two post that will help you to create your own signature. The post are Create Signature For Local Guide Profile and Assinatura com links e imagens nas suas postagens

I hope you'll find this information helpful and I want to see if you manage to do it. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane

this is quite easy. Is part of your setting, in "your signature" (here)

The text in there have to be written in HTML mode.

The easiest way for doing, if you are not confident with HTML code, is to use this editor:

Reply to this post, write your text, switch to HTML mode (on the top of the body of the message) then copy your text and paste it on "your signature"

Save your signature

Of course, at the end, press on "cancel" on your reply, to not post it 🙂

Level 9

Thank you a lot, just imagine from what you explained to me I got it all and here now you can see that I have mastered it. Thank you a lot you guys were very much helpful!!!!

Connect Moderator

Level 9

@ErmesT I went to your post which was about: Fly me to the moon - my Connect Live short Recap, I have seen your pictures there playing as slides automatically, how did you do that?

Can you please share with me, the steps or software name used if you used one.

Thank you.

Level 9

@FelipePK and @ErmesT to make sure that I understood I added  a GIF flag on my signature, I hope that will help everyone to recognize my country of origin without even asking or me telling them that....

Connect Moderator

Hehe, I was sure that this was interesting for you @Raphael-Mahumane.

It is quite simple. I use Google Photo / Assistant - to create a Gif file..gif is an extension that is accepted by Connect, and it is added in the same way that you use to add a photo. Create the Gif, click on Info to be sure that the file is less than 3 Mb (you can add 5 to 7 photos), download it on your device, upload it on Connect in the usual way.

Hope you enjoyed the post

Level 9

I have learnt a lot in one day, @ErmesT thanks for sharing, I will jump on it and do one or two posts that include this feature to be that I got it correct. Thank you once again.

Level 9

I have learnt a lot in one day, @ErmesT thanks for sharing, I will jump on it and do one or two posts that include this feature to be sure that I got it correct. Thank you once again.