gigibao's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

When is the end of Local Guides Connect?

We can see that Local Guides Connect program filled Maps with ugly bad quality photos with wrong POI and with fake and one word reviews. There is no use of LGC. Views was much better program and it ended. Map Maker was muuuuuch better program and it ended. When will LGC end? 

6 comments
Level 7

Re: When is the end of Local Guides Connect?

It all depends on the community itself, as we can all make sure those bad images and other false content get reported and deleted. So if we all report anything inappropriate, it'll clean up eventually.

Level 10

@gigibao, may be your concerns are right but it may not be universally true. TC

@gigibao wrote:

We can see that Local Guides Connect program filled Maps with ugly bad quality photos with wrong POI and with fake and one word reviews. There is no use of LGC. Views was much better program and it ended. Map Maker was muuuuuch better program and it ended. When will LGC end? 

Level 9

@gigibao according to your comment, it sounds like Local Guides is not a good program, and I feel that you are saying all the good programs have been cancelled, so no fear, Google Local Guides will be around for a long time!  :0)

I agree there are some serious issues going on with fake reviews, and poor monitoring on Google's part, but for the most part, I feel like it is still running rather strong.

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 10

I am not seeing the issues to the high level you are.  It is not perfect but unrealistic to think it would be when you are dealing with so many people.

Level 10

@HrVoB when I said high level I was trying / meaning to say that I am not seeing the large number of issues that you are seeing.  I cannot show you what I am not seeing.  Apologies for the confusion I have caused and hope thing get better for you going forward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarkAidan wrote:

@HrVoB when I said high level I was trying / meaning to say that I am not seeing the large number of issues that you are seeing.  I cannot show you what I am not seeing.  Apologies for the confusion I have caused and hope thing get better for you going forward.

@MarkAidanI am not sure what do you mean