TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

When in Prague, visit the Muzeum hlavního města Prahy

Langweil's Model of PragueLangweil's Model of PragueWhen in Prague, visit the Muzeum hlavního města Prahy. It is only one of the many museums in Prague but it is so informative of the history of the city.
One amazing permanent exhibitions is the "Langweil's Model of Prague". It is made of paper and was made by Antonin Langweil between the years 1826 - 1837.
It shows that the city hasn't changed much and you will be able to identify many places.

The museum is easily got to from Metro Line B or C, Florenc station.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Prague 3, Czechia
4 comments
Level 9

Re: When in Prague, visit the Muzeum hlavního města Prahy

Thank you @TheEagleEye for intetesting information about museum! It is really amazing model of Prague.

Level 8

Wow @TheEagleEye that's amazing intricate work considering its built with paper. Am sure it takes a lot more to preserve it as well. 

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers.

Level 10

@TheEagleEye

Hi

Thanks for an excellent write-up about Muzeur Museum - Prague. It's brilliant indeed!

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Former Google Contributor

Hi @TheEagleEye

That is a great tip! Just for your information Muzeum hlavního města Prahy means Museum of the capital city Prague. So this museum is about Prague.

You are right that the city center did not change much over the time. It is partly because Prague was not much destroyed during World Wars and also because the whole city center is on the UNESCO list and in order to stay there it has to maintain its historical look

When you are in Prague I can recommend also these museums: Národní muzeum (National Museum) and  Národní technické muzeum (National Technical Museum).

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!