U-royFelixA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

When Was Google Local Guides Officially Created.

@AnoukV @TraciC amd the rest of the distinguished Local Guides Team, please what the official birthdate of Local Guides? I don't want to feel embarrassed when one of my community members pops up the question. Lol.

Cheers

U-Roy 

Nigeria
12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: She Was Google Local Guides Officially Created.

Hi @YK1001@U-royFelixA and @PavelSarwar! The Local Guides program launched on January 14, 2015 as a program that recognized Google Maps reviewers. On November 13, 2015, the program expanded to include the five contribution types you currently have in the program. Prior to that, the program was known as City Experts, which launched on July 30, 2013. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 8

@U-royFelixAi also faced same question

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 8

Thank you @Csaba, fixed.

It is not official I got two links:

Google Launches City Experts Program To Encourage Higher Quality ...   Aug, 2013

Google Replacing City Experts with Local Guides Program ...   Jan, 2015

Googler
Solution

Hi @YK1001@U-royFelixA and @PavelSarwar! The Local Guides program launched on January 14, 2015 as a program that recognized Google Maps reviewers. On November 13, 2015, the program expanded to include the five contribution types you currently have in the program. Prior to that, the program was known as City Experts, which launched on July 30, 2013. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

Hi @PavelSarwar Really? 

Level 10

Thanks immensely @TraciC 

Sorry for my typo error. Was actually meant to be "When" not "She" Lol.

Thanks again for the info. 

Regard 

Level 8

@TraciCthanks for ur kind information.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 10

Hi @YK1001

I think you have messed it up and it's the other way round: 

@YK1001 wrote:

It is not official I got two links:

Google Launches City Experts Program To Encourage Higher Quality ...   Jan , 2015 Aug, 2013

Google Replacing City Experts with Local Guides Program ...   Aug, 2013 Jan , 2015

But never mind. We understand 🙂

Level 8

Re: When Was Google Local Guides Officially Created.

Please check this out, @LucasKellermann.

Please ask your second question in a new thread, I am sure lots of LGs also want to know the answer, myself included.

Level 8

Re: When Was Google Local Guides Officially Created.

@YK1001

Thank you very much my friend! 

You are really a helpful dude. 

😊😊😊

Lucas Kellermann - Indaial SC
Local Guide & Waze Map Editor