IbratHashimi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

When Google Started Local Guide Program?

When did Google Started Local guide program, Do you have any idea ?

Afghanistan
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: When Google Started Local Guide Program?

@IbratHashimi @BoyScout @MIHashimi @LucioV The Local Guides program launched as the Local Guides program on January 15, 2015. Prior to that, it was other programs with other names (like City Experts) and was not available globally like the Local Guides program is now. I hope this has helped. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @IbratHashimi to have an idea have a read to @TraciC history, that has going along all the phases of the program! I think started officially late 2012

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Using-the-Forums/Meet-the-Google-Moderators/m-p/88603#M72

Traci (2012 - Current)

Traci has been a part of the team since July 2012 but before that, was a very active member of the Google Places community in NYC. Traci supports the Local Guides program from Google’s NYC office and lives in Brooklyn, both of which are home bases for her passions which include taking jumping photos, eating burgers, and exploring. Traci also enjoys traveling as much as she can and learning from Local Guides in person (meet-up anyone?), here on Connect and all over social media, so be sure to use #LocalGuides to share your adventures. Specialt

Level 8

@LucioV 

You have the right idea and answer to @IbratHashimi Yes bro that's what he said.

Level 9

@IbratHashimi

I'm not sure but according to me, Local Guides Program was not launched in same time in all countries..

In France, Google announced it on January 15th 2015.

For other countries I don't know.

Have a nice day 😉

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Googler
Solution

@IbratHashimi @BoyScout @MIHashimi @LucioV The Local Guides program launched as the Local Guides program on January 15, 2015. Prior to that, it was other programs with other names (like City Experts) and was not available globally like the Local Guides program is now. I hope this has helped. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.