RioAkasaka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Wheelchair attributes and a thank you note

Hi @RioAkasaka,

Thank you very much for delivering this essential information about places to those in need.

Hopefully, if not already, it will got expanded to Mass/Public transit Entrances (Metro Station Entrances, ferry  piers), public toilets, etc, soon.

Can we filter places by this attribute while doing Nearby search?

Level 8

@RioAkasaka This feature is amazing and I'm sure it will help people a lot!

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 8

sangat membantu

Reody Rustam
Googler

@Anonymous I first really came to realize it was an issue during my first trip to London in July as well as in Toronto last May. NYC has some places (in the older neighborhoods), too but I haven't seen it as much. Such an eye-opening experience!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Muchas gracias @RioAkasaka, y a todo el equipo que participó en estos aspectos del proyecto , la accesibilidad es muy importantes para el que no cuenta con ella, y esto es un pequeño granito de arena para mejorar la vida diaria de miles de personas. Por suerte a medida que pasa el tiempo, todos nosotros tomamamos mas conciencia, de que pensar en el otro como si fuese uno, a la larga te beneficia. Gran trabajo. 👍

Former Google Contributor

Hi @YK1001,

Thank you for your kind note! We are very much thinking about how to make this information available for transit as well as entrances for these places. 

With respect to searching for these features, we want to make sure you have a good experience when you make a search. We don't want to give you 1 or 2 results, or even worse, zero results when you search for wheelchair-accessible places! So we're working hard to make sure we can collect more data, and more reliable ones too. That's why what you're doing matters so much!

Stay tuned!

Level 9

I totally agree with @TraciC.  Once you start seeing those questions, you start thinking about these issues.  Even if you don't currently need the info for yourself, you or someone you care about may need it in the future.  If you DO need to know, that info is almost more important than anything else.  If you can't enjoy yourself in the business because of accessibility, no reason to go!  Maps will now help to keep you from having to go to find out.  I proud to be helping others in this way!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TraciC

Going to places without the same ordinances for accommodation is like going to countries without emissions control regulations for their vehicles. It's an expensive, frustrating ordeal at home, but then once you go elsewhere you appreciate what you have in your hometown.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No thank you for working on accessibility projects!
Level 3

回應: Wheelchair attributes and a thank you note

this feature so nice and thank you work hard on this project!  hope i can really help when answer the questions.