AniH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Wheelchair-accessibility questions

Thank you. This is a very important thing that you discussed. If we add information that is not correct, then many people can suffer and their responsibility falls on us. So, with more accuracy and more information you need to get the information that everyone can benefit from. Thank you and all the other local guide friends.

C.Rahman
Level 6

Hello Jamie!

Liked your post very much.I'm Sameena Kausar from India and would like to be your friend.

Warm Regards!

Sameena Kausar

Indian Air Force

Level 5

Yes. Accessible toilet is also important for disabled traveler

Level 8

Of course. You said right. However, it is difficult to provide this information in a map maker's way of working or doing it now. I am a Bangladeshi Here we can say that this facility is not without a single place. But in many developed countries of the developed world, this facility is available in many places today. As a result, there is no scope for you to use this information from my place. Thank you.

C.Rahman
Level 3
Level 3

I'm new to this and  want to know more; this appears to be the only way to do that. I completely agree that more info the better. 

Questions: 

1) Can we provide more than yes/no answers?

2) Is there room to add comments that will be available to be seen by the reader?

Googler

Hi @SH2. You may only answer yes, no or not sure on these questions but you are welcome to add information to your reviews or photos about the details that matter most. I share additional information in this recent post (under "Want to do more?) which I hope you'll find helpful.

Thank you! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 3
Level 3

I participated in producing an accessibility brochure for ASID for many of the tourism sites in DC several years ago. 

We made an important distinction … we were "wheeled" visitors know IF/HOW they could visit, NOT trying to shame them for not being accessible. We found that we got much more cooperation from those working there if we asked HOW.  It engaged them in thinking about what they could do to make their place user-friendly or if it was a no-go without major renovation.  Putting up a sticker without understanding is just not right.