JTD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Wheelchair Accessibility in Taipei, Taiwan

I teach Maths, Bible and PE at a school here in Taipei. When planning a field trip for a few of my students I had to consider one of them that is in a wheelchair. Admittedly, Taipei has come a long way over the last few years. Please would Local Guides and anyone else add their comments, recommendations on anything relevant to this topic. Here is a link Accessibility guidelines form Google to what you can look out for. 

Let's improve the standard for all!

Taiwan is a wonderful country to grow up in. Having lived and raised a family here, I have grown to love the place. Please feel free to post your photos and positive comments here for those who like to know more about Taiwan.
Taipei, Taiwan
2 comments
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Wheelchair Accessibility in Taipei, Taiwan

Here in Taipei, Taiwan. There has been quite a bit of progress in wheelchair accessibility, but needless to say, more can be done. I was planning a field trip for some of my students, one of whom is in a wheelchair. I soon discovered that my planning had to be a lot more detailed, I had to scout out the places (in realtime) in advance just to make sure that there was accessibility. Could you imagine just how useful Google Maps, Google Earth, Google ...... etc, would be if we could have a dedicated Accessibility site with Photos/videos etc for parents wanting to plan a trip for there child or just general planning by friends.

Taiwan is a wonderful country to grow up in. Having lived and raised a family here, I have grown to love the place. Please feel free to post your photos and positive comments here for those who like to know more about Taiwan.
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Wheelchair Accessibility in Taipei, Taiwan

Wheelchair accessible park in SanChong, New Taipei CityWheelchair accessible park in SanChong, New Taipei City

Many parks have wheelchair accessible parking.  Some parks are very wheelchair friendly.