Vantz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Whats your best tips to earn points as Google local guides

I wonder if any of you want to share tips to earn points as Google local guides. I am a new local Gogle Guide from Haiti.

Your ideas are welcome. 

Thanks

Vantz

Port-au-Prince, Haïti
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Whats your best tips to earn points as Google local guides

What I like to do is make sure to review every place I visit, the more detailed the review the more points you can get. An additional 5 points for a review over 200 characters. I like to snap at least 4-5 photos of the place I visit, even if I have posted photos to a certain spot before. Turning on location sharing can also be a boost to kind of ‘remind you’ of places you were near and that could give you a chance to review places you may have forgot. 

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Vantz, and welcome to Connect!

In the Local Guides Help Center you can find lots of information on the topic. Here you can see how many points you can get for the different types of contribution, and here you will find tips for each type. I'd recommend you to try all the ways for contributing on Google Maps and see which one is the most interesting for you. The truth is that earning points and leveling up is a long process and it takes time, but at the same time it is worth and fun.

As you are new to Connect, I'd recommend you to check the program rules and these tips for exploring the community. You can also introduce yourself in this month's Introduce Yourself post, and meet other Local Guides there.

Enjoy guiding, 

Marin

Level 4

Really Helpful Marin

Many Thanks

Vantz

Level 9
Solution

What I like to do is make sure to review every place I visit, the more detailed the review the more points you can get. An additional 5 points for a review over 200 characters. I like to snap at least 4-5 photos of the place I visit, even if I have posted photos to a certain spot before. Turning on location sharing can also be a boost to kind of ‘remind you’ of places you were near and that could give you a chance to review places you may have forgot. 

Level 10

I Agree with you @Esoteric_

Level 4

Thank you for all the advice Esoteric.

I'll for sure take all this into account.

Really appreciate it

Level 10

Welcome @Vantz

There are many ways to earn points with Google Local Guides.  

You have got top advice from @MarinSt plus @Esoteric_ on how to earn points at Google Local Guides. 

My tips are in doing as both these top Local Guides have advised and especially as @MarinSt said in doing what you enjoy the most.

To do whatever you find best interest from doing, then spend time doing that is great advise. 

As @Esoteric_ says writing a review at all the businesses plus places of interest in your local area, getting lots of updated pictures and most importantly sharing your reviews and pictures on social media helps you help local businesses and tourism. Making sure all information on Google Maps is up to date. Introducing yourself to business owners and letting them know you are there to make sure all the information is as they want it to be, and as up to date as possible as required. Updating phone numbers and contact emails is all very helpful and important in our position as Local Guides. 

As @MarinSt advised the best advice you will get is from The Local Guides Help Centre

Having fun and enjoying yourself being part of the Local Guides community, plus taking advice from the The Local Guides Help Centre is how I have built points. Recently a post on Local Guides Connect and through Google+ Google Local Guides called Local Guides 101 

It states:

Whether you're brand new to the community or looking to sharpen your skills, we've got a crash course in #LocalGuidesmaps.google.com/localguides/howto 

Good luck, we all hope you enjoy your time as part of Google Maps Local Guides community. Have fun. Enjoy. 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Level 4

Thanks a lot Justine. I think I get a clearer idea about how things work now thanks to all the advice I received. I love photograpy and I love providing feedback from my experience of new business places. As a Google guide I consider  this position more like than opportunity than a challenge. I am excited to be part of this awesome community and this beautiful adventure aim to ease travelling experience of everyone around the world. Thanks again. Stay in touch. 💘