AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

What's your best tip for newbie photographers?

Caption: A photo of a man using a smartphone to take a photo of a plate of desserts at Connect Live Tokyo 2018.Caption: A photo of a man using a smartphone to take a photo of a plate of desserts at Connect Live Tokyo 2018.

Photography is more accessible than ever. Today, billions of people carry small cameras in their pockets thanks to the advent of smartphones. So, Local Guides like you can easily take photos whenever inspiration strikes!

Many members of our community are just starting to become interested in photography as a creative outlet. Those of us with more experience can help them improve their skills, so let’s share our best advice for new photographers.

My best tip is to have fun experimenting with different subjects, angles, and composition. Get creative! It may take a dozen shots before you get the perfect one, but that’s all part of the fun. Be sure to compare your photos and critique what you think makes one photo better than another. The more you practice, the better you’ll become.

What are your best tips for new photographers? Share in the comments below!

26 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's your best tip for newbie photographers?

I agree!  "It may take a dozen shots before you get the perfect one, but that’s all part of the fun."10922379_336774219840728_2904106873475903064_o_336774219840728.jpg

10838087_336774089840741_7646835781245176753_o_336774089840741.jpg

Level 10

Newbie tips from me

1. Always use the light: photography is painting with light, so avoid night shoots if your smartphone is not good in handling
  2. Don't be shy: ask people you want to take a photograph, be kind, and you will be rewarded
  3. Wake up early in the morning, for the best views of your city
  4. “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” H.C. Bresson, so, keep shooting, but delete a lot of bad photos
  5. It's all about composition: no matter how much you spend for your equipment, if you are good in composition, you can get great results with every camera
Level 9

Thank you @LucioV for sharing nice Tips for new photographer, also many thanks to @AriMar for your post.

Level 9

great post @AriMar

1-3 Practice Practice Practice and be passion about it

4.Be creative

5.Try to take same photo from another angles,

6. Learn from the best , take a practical course or online , join photographers groups knowlge now everywhere 

there are many valuable posts for example @AnnaDickson posts here in Connect about taking photos read them carefully and Practice Practice 🙂 

& as legend @LucioV said your first photos are the worst then u will enjoy and make wonderful photos

Level 10

Rif.: What's your best tip for newbie photographers?

In addition to the suggestions previously posted by my friends, my advice is to change the point of view: do not just take photos at your eyes level, but also use a point of view at ground level for example, or even the one to half body. The photos will then have a point of view out of the ordinary, and sometimes the difference between a beautiful picture and an ordinary one is given precisely by this view.

Happy shooting,

David

Level 9

My tip Be  passionate on photography,thank you @AriMar sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

Great tips @LucioV

Thanks for sharing.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Excellent tips, dear @LucioV

good..

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

dear @Aadii

"...deep breath then you focus and finally click.."

Yes, you are right.. this is very important..

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me