AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

What's the photo you're most proud to have taken as a Local Guide?

Photography is such an important and fun part of being a Local Guide. Whether you enjoy highlighting accessibility features in your area or taking great photos of the dishes you try at restaurants, we love seeing you explore your community through your camera.

We know many Local Guides are passionate about photography which is why we often share professional photo tips right here on Connect. From snapping great 360 photos with your smartphone to taking outstanding shots of everyday places, we hope our advice has helped you learn some useful tricks for capturing the world around you.

Caption: A photo of a man using a camera to take a photo of an orange building covered in greenery. (Local Guide Fabio Pelegrino)Caption: A photo of a man using a camera to take a photo of an orange building covered in greenery. (Local Guide Fabio Pelegrino)

Many of our favorite Local Guides photos are taken on smartphones, utilize great, natural lighting, and include pops of color. But we want to know more about the photos you’re excited to have snapped yourself!

Have you taken a photo recently that you couldn’t wait to upload to Google Maps? Is the first food photo you ever took as a Local Guide one that you’ll always love? Did you take multiple shots until you finally got the perfect angle or the right lighting?

From a beautiful location, to clever composition, to an interesting backstory, there are so many different factors that can make a photo special.

So, tell us: what’s the photo you’re most proud to have taken as a Local Guide and why? Share a link to it in the comments below.

89 comments
Level 10

Re: What's the photo you're most proud to have taken as a Local Guide?

This is definitely an interesting thread 🙂 @AriMar

Here is the photo i am most proud of to have taken as a Local Guide, this 360 photo was taken with my mobile phone at a popular waterfall in northern Nigeria. it was not the best shot but am proud of it because I summoned up courage to go down in front of the waterfall itself to get that shot. It was one of my most riskiest adventures ever with photography 🙂

The Second on the list is my favorite bedrock of stones on beach in Lagos, Nigeria. I personally call this place The Long Walk With Nature. Here is the photo below and the links to the place.The Long Walk With NatureThe Long Walk With Nature

https://goo.gl/maps/VuV1nS6XMu52

Level 10

@AriMar like to share with you my captured  pictures .

Feel proud click all photos  

Google Maps Office Infront  MountainView

Stanford University - 

Bangladesh famous historical place Lalbag fort inside picture with any people in this frame

Lalbag FortLalbag FortNirjhor Residential area  -DhakaNirjhor Residential area -Dhaka

Tipu Sultan Summer Palace
First floor corner viewFirst floor corner view

and another historical place 360 .

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Here is some of my most favourite collection. All of them I have took exclusively for google maps ?

Day/Night view of UTC (Urban Transformation Centre) Kuala Terengganu, MalaysiaDay/Night view of UTC (Urban Transformation Centre) Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

Aerial view, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia.Aerial view, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia.

Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Kl Tower, OCBC Bank, CIMB Bank & River of Life as seen from Merdeka Square , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Kl Tower, OCBC Bank, CIMB Bank & River of Life as seen from Merdeka Square , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

This accessibility information Captured on 22-05-2018This accessibility information Captured on 22-05-2018

A photograph taken in Karachi, Pakistan - Nishan - e - PakistanA photograph taken in Karachi, Pakistan - Nishan - e - Pakistan

Aerial view, Masjid Al-Najihin, Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAerial view, Masjid Al-Najihin, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Here is picture of Fish & Chips, since I'm not a vegetarian, I order meat almost all the time  :)Here is picture of Fish & Chips, since I'm not a vegetarian, I order meat almost all the time ?

Some photographs during my stay at Good Wood Plaza Hotel, Colombo, SrilankaSome photographs during my stay at Good Wood Plaza Hotel, Colombo, Srilanka

Dubai Duty Free, Airport Terminal, Dubai, U.A.EDubai Duty Free, Airport Terminal, Dubai, U.A.E

Level 10

Wow.

This is really interesting @AriMar

I think my photo I'm mostly proud is this one, with my friend and collegue @Kiko-ITA-, was really a challenge to get to the top, and we made it

https://goo.gl/maps/vdkW27omebq

Level 7

I think these are the best 3 but I can't choose the one. All of them were taken by a smartphone in historical places in Cairo, Egypt Aisha Fahmy palaceAisha Fahmy palace

The Hanging ChurchThe Hanging Church

The wooden statue of  Metrie and his reflection on the glass, The Egyptian MuseumThe wooden statue of Metrie and his reflection on the glass, The Egyptian Museum

Level 7

That's called perfection. I feel like all my photos are trash now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Parque del tenesParque del tenes

Hola @AriMar está foto quizás no sea la mejor ni la más bonita, pero para mí está cargada de simbolismo es captura por que me inspira paz, sosiego, tranquilidad, y la tengo en Maps, después de subirlas, las borro y por eso la captura,un saludo

Pablo

Level 10

It's a great post like all of your previous post @AriMar. I want to share my highest viewed photo on google map which is an auditorium at pattaya city of Thailand. Colosseum show, Pattaya, Thailand.Colosseum show, Pattaya, Thailand.

Level 9

let me check and post 

thank you @AriMar 

and thanks to all who share wonderful photos with us