LoVe शब सबकछ S's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: What's is use of local guide badge and point ???

The Badges You Have Earned Are Valueable.

Because Badges and Point You Have Earned By Helping Others.

If You Have 500 Points Active Lavel 5 and So Many Badges Then Google Will Call You For Summit ..

Google Will Give You More Opportunities To Contribute More In Maps.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Malarik Thank you so much for sharing your story. My cousin works in a prison in Texas and makes personal art on the weekends as a way to separate from the intense stress and danger of that job. I can only imagine what you go through every day. It is inspiring to see you put that energy into something positive that helps others. 

Level 9

Hi Corrie,  

Thanks so much for the complement.  

Doing some type of art, which I consider some of what I do in Photography, is such a

release from stress.  Doing art outside is so great in all kinds of weather, so for me it is a good thing that I also have two top of the line

Pentax DSLR's that are weather resistant.  I did not know that this would be important until I did shots of the surf, in the fog, & even 

when it rains!  All my Pentax's can do Astrophotography (the K-5, the K-3ii, and the K-1), so after zillions of hours of practice & trial

& error, with a simple tripod & 300mm lens, I have a collection of pics of the Andromeda Galaxy, the Orion Nebula, & more.  Sometime

I had to stay up all night...but then I get a glorious sunrise.

I envy your cousin, who has the skill & energy to do another type of art.  I do wonder what medium is used & what they do at work.

I am a MD & more specifically a Psychiatrist...so I have to integrate the mind, the body, and the challenging environment into my sometimes

life or death decisions. 

I imagine that being a Google Moderator is also a challenge.  It may to similar to what is said about supervising MD's.  It is said that, 

supervising MD's, is like "Herding Cats".  In my environment I would expand this to "Herding Rabid Mountain Lions"! 🙂

Please take care,

Paul 🙂

Level 9

Hi Zeds,

Thanks for the complement & responding. It is great to meet you.

It looks like we are of like mind.  

I look thru a whole bunch of your pics & you have lots of nice shots.

Good ones of you & yours too.  Too bad they are capped at 1k. Now good to know.  

I hope that you can hang on to this LGC

stuff for a bit longer...maybe there are some others that are from CA or the US of like mind.

Since I live in a small area, I have been recognized by both owners & Yelpers alike...or

I let them know what I am doing taking pics

so far so good with all (+ some fish...ha ha).

Thanks,

Paul 🙂

Level 2

it can make your travel destination full of information you need

Level 10

Nothing but for self satisfaction.

Nothing more.

@LoVe शब सबकछ S

@RicoR

@Malarik

@Corrie

@Jayeshkiri

Level 9

@LoVe शब सबकछ S @ProfArunCM @RicoR @Malarik .

my dear in google map i m not working for points.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 4

No seriously, what's the point.

I mean Google is basically just capturing a massive amount of collective knowledge and media 

Which they will own. And we get......an elephant stamp that means absolutely nothing

So what's the point?

Level 8

dear friend. there are many advantages to gather local guide points. you can get discount at percentage (nearly 20%) on booking OYO hotels on  getting the relevant code and so others. 

Level 6

google is earning billions they can share in rupees ,we are not here for contributing something wasting our time