LoVe शब सबकछ S's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: What's is use of local guide badge and point ???

Hi @LoVe शब सबकछ S,

Local guide is used to identify that your position, its just like a recognition . Example if you have reviewed any place and if others has seen your rating they may easily identify that you are local guide.

If you are in level 5 , you can receive future updates and beta testing opportunities for Google products. Hope we expect many more to come in level 5.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Level 7

it is only for recognition of  how high is your excellence of contribution towards it.

Google is planning to add new levels

Level 8

maybe you are right 

Level 8

I am a local guide of level 5. I want to get the badge. How can I get it?
Level 5

What if you got a t-shirt with it? Like some blood banks give prizes.

Connect Moderator

@RobertD for the first year of the program all level 4 Local Guides was offered for a free tshirt (after meeting certain conditions). However considering Local Guides is a global program, Google was having trouble sending the t-shirts to some countries due to country regulations. It hadn't been offered anymore ever since.

Level 9

@iyudhi,

@IvanY wrote:

@RobertD for the first year of the program all level 4 Local Guides was offered for a free tshirt (after meeting certain conditions). However considering Local Guides is a global program, Google was having trouble sending the t-shirts to some countries due to country regulations. It hadn't been offered anymore ever since.

Have any plan to Re-Start this opportunity again for level 4/5 ?

Thank you so much,

KamalH

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Hi all you Locals,

Forget the T-shirt....

I rather have a self-driving Google Sport Car for all the hours of work that I put into it. JKing 🙂

More seriously, over the years I have placed close to 10k pics on Yelp (where you get worthless badges & some compliments)

& now a few thousand on Goggle Maps (where you get the number of views...and badges again), but like some have

suggested, this is more a "labor of love".  Due to my extremely stress job in the high security area of a prison where I could

be killed any given day, I desperately need a hobby like Photography (especially out-door / nature) to deescalate &

relieve stress.  It further pleases me that people either enjoy my photos or get some information out of them. 

What is the point?  Well that can be asked about any almost anything one does in life....so you either you find one that works

for you or you do something else that has one for you.  I do not mean to be dismissive, but after years of contributing alot to

Yelp, I also started to lose the "point"....so I now contribute alot more to Goggle Maps than with Yelp.  I find that Goggle Maps

is far more "neutral" & not so subjective nor judgmental.  I am sure that Goggle surely benefits, but so do I....and I feel that 

it is more of an even arrangement.....

except for maybe giving us more cloud space...perhaps.

I am getting a Goggle Pixel phone, in addition to my iPhone 7 for that very reason....I can then upload full resolution pics

onto my drive without eating up space.

Anyway, I hope that you can find that you enjoy contributing regardless.  You can think of it as "volunteer donations" that have "tax benefits".

I also do get satisfaction on using several of my computers to help cure diseases (such as cancer or Zika) via lots of computer time (& $150 worth

of electricity) on what is called the World Community Grid.  I get the satisfaction of contributing to mankind & again get some rather silly

worthless "rewards", badges, and rankings.  

Since we are all human animals, I guess we all may need a proverbial "Carrot on a Stick" always in front 

of us.  Not matter how silly, it stimulates the dopamine reward system in our brain....in a good way (rather than in a bad way...like a Sociopathic Politician

or a Psychopathic Murderer).

Please take care,

Paul 🙂

Level 5

@Malarik,

You sound like a smart thinking dude......check out my thread mate.. 

THE ART OF THE INSIDE SHOT & how I reached 38,429,258 views,3282 points & 9050 photos in 10 months.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@Malarik,

So I know where you're coming from mate.I love reviewing every place I walk into on the planet......I have hundreds of reviews on Yelp but they can't be trusted.I have thousands of reviews on Google Maps but the so called benefits used as bait do not appear and all of them have been discontinued months ago.I am better off taking the work I am offered as a marketing consultant for restaurants.Google Maps needs to improve many aspects of it's Local Guides program it is ever going to become a serious threat to Yelp.The USA is where it counts and Google Maps does not compete with Yelp in any shape or form for review domination.You get no permanent credit on Google Maps for first to review particularly if you did all the hard yakka to add the new business from scratch.You get no heads up if an appreciative owner posts a thank you response to your review.....and then have Google Maps gremlins stealing your hard earned points.I've just about had enough of the rubbish on this forum...what with the lamebrain limit off 1000 photos on Connect which was not disclosed to me when I got on here.I have generated almost 46 million photo views from 9,378 loaded photos and 1,485 reviews from all over the world but there is too much negativity on this forum for me to be interested in hanging around any longer.Best of luck to you mate.  

Cheers,

Zed star.