LoVe शब सबकछ S's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

What's is use of local guide badge and point ???

What is the BENIFIT of Google local guide badge .I wonder what's is the use of it .

And Google point after 500 what we do ???

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
65 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Benefit of this

Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system
Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 8

Re: What's is use of local guide badge and point ???

The badges are nothing more then a recognition that you have done something.
No other use then that.
And the points after 500: if there are a lot of people, maybe they will add extra levels???
Level 7

for use and level wise benefits please go to the below mentioned page

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225851?hl=en&ref_topic=6225845 

For direct benefits please follow the link

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6345112?hl=en&ref_topic=6281797

being level 4 local guide it is expected to contribute quality info for public use. if u have passion of photography street view program will add flying color to you and your content will be viewd accross the world. thank you.

Level 7

That would be an ideal option. 

KC Mesander
Connect Moderator

@LoVe शब सबकछ S Are you talking about the badge shown on Maps, or the badges on Local Guides Connect? The badge on Maps is basically to give recognition for Local Guides level 3 and above, to show that they've made great contribution to Google Maps. The badge in Local Guides Connect is basically a form of gamification, to recognize involvement of Local Guides in the Local Guides Connect forum.

As for what's after level 5, keep contributing 🙂 Personally for me I don't care too much about the levels. All I care is that the information I provide will help me in the future, and also help others.

Level 10

I think there need to upgrade  levels such as 1000, 1500. 2000,2500 etc.just for  encouragement.

jojo
Level 10

I think satisfaction with the work is main gain. Number of photo viewers increasing day by day and helped by the added information gives me a satisfaction. I hope google team will evaluate our work in upcoming days beyond 500 points too. So let's not worry about this. Badges are virtual medals for our contribution.

Level 10

I think so. There should be a next level or point system to encourage more.

Level 8

I want to get badge. 

@EricL wrote:
The badges are nothing more then a recognition that you have done something.
No other use then that.
And the points after 500: if there are a lot of people, maybe they will add extra levels???

Level 9

I think after 500 points you start to get self motivated!