Victoria_v's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Level 8

Re: What new have you seen this year?

@MortenSI Yes, Alaska's wild animals are amazing! and they can be seen very closely.

Sea otter

Whale

Orca

I have been to Rome several times. This year, I also visited Rome on the way to a transatlanic cruise. I also like the Colosseum.

Former Google Contributor

I Was wondering if you may have seen an Orca @Victoria_v!

This is one of those animals I really wish to see in the wild. They're amazing but scary at the same time.

Great picture of the Colosseum by the way. It can be very hard to snap a photo without tourists in it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hello @Victoria_v Nice idea to discuss in Connect.

Unfortunately this year I had not this opportunity to go to a new natural landmark but on the other hand I've discovered many urban places.

For example in Tehran I visited Arasbaran Cultural Center for first time and it was very beautiful. Most amazing thing was that the colorful birds was totally free there and this created an amazing atmosphere.

Birds lives with humans inside a cultural place :)Birds lives with humans inside a cultural place ?

Art Garden was also a beautiful place that I saw this year. Although only first phase of it opened but this was really great to be.

Honar (Art) Garden a beautiful new landmark in TehranHonar (Art) Garden a beautiful new landmark in Tehran

And in Mashhad I visited "Darougheh Historical House" which is very unique place in this city with historical atmosphere.

Darougheh Historical House in Mashhad with a beautiful viewDarougheh Historical House in Mashhad with a beautiful view

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides

I'll make sure to ask you for advice on all the hidden gems in Rome next time @LucioV

This year I visited all the touristic places, but next time I want to get the local experience.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@MortenSI Orca really gorgeous. Few where you can see them in their natural environment. This is an unforgettable sight!

Level 8

@Amiran, very beautiful photos. It's great that you found new places in the city and shared them. I really like places where birds walk freely. In the bird park in Kuala Lumpur, you can also see many birds without cages. It is very interesting.

I hear they are not hostile towards humans @Victoria_v, but i guess it's best to stay out of the water just in case. 

The polar bear is another one of my favorites, and I have seen them at the zoo several times. I can spend hours there just watching them. 

You didn't happen to see any of those did you? I have a feeling they're very rare to spot in the wild.

Hi @Victoria_v,

This post is so much interesting! Your visit to Alaska must have been so much interesting.

If you ask me, during 2018 I had the chance to visit quite a few new places. One of the was a trip that I did to Tibetan Autonomous Region and I had the chance to visit Lhasa and its world famous Potala Palace - the winter palace of Dalai Lama.

Here are two shots that I want to share with you of this magnificent palace:

Caption: A photo of the Potala Palace during spring time. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A photo of the Potala Palace during spring time. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

Caption: A night photo of the Potala Palace and a fountain in front of it. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A night photo of the Potala Palace and a fountain in front of it. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

Level 10

Hi @Victoria_v my favourite globetrotter,