dalew's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

What most needs to be done?

Hello!

i thought I'd begin a discussion to create a "to do list" of things to work on here in Austin, then prioritize them.

What do you think?

Austin, TX, United States
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: What most needs to be done?

Hello @dalewWelcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here. Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
    • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
    • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead.
    • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Level 2
Level 2

Hi, 

I would like to see a meetup planned for our area-ATX.  Maybe in the next few weeks. What do you think?

Level 2

It seems like a good idea to organize efforts among our city's team of Local Guides. Admittedly, none of us are getting paid to do what should be something that Google is paying employees to do, so I am not going to go nuts spending hours of my own time. But it would be smart to think about dividing up the city and setting local guides loose on their own personal city-areas of expertise and familiarity in order to get the most done the quickest, with the least overlap. Though obviously, territorialism is counterproductive and should be avoided.