YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What is the (i) button supposed to display?

When we open a Transit POI on Android Maps (are iOS Maps the same?), we got the (i) button on the title bar.

What kind of information it is supposed to display when we click on it?

Screenshot_2018-11-05-10-22-10-358_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

5 comments
Level 10

Re: What is the (i) button supposed to display?

I think the (i) is more like an legacy function to show the details of the transit POI, and its still the only way to input review of a transit from there

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Level 9

Hello @YK1001,

When you click on any transit POI it will show you the next available ride/vehicle on that way. This the quickest method to show details of transit. When you click on (i) button it will behave like an ordinary/other POI's. I mean to say that here you can find all available details of POI.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Thank you very much @Brett @deepakjhic for your confirmations.

So in this case, when the (i) button is pressed, and if the details do not match the Transit POI (for example, opened an building having the same anme), then it is a data mismatch.

Do we have a dedicated way to report this type of data issues, in addition to using Send Feedbacks in Maps?

Level 9

@YK1001

Yes Off course You can use Send feedback option for reporting wrong information on transit. As far as I know there is nothing we can't report on map. You can use Send Feedback option for any kind on error. If there is a POI it will redirect you to editing POI format. Here is how i updated a station name from Harishpur To Harar Fatehpur. I can show you my report in feedback section via screenshot if you want.

Thank you.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

I got it, @deepakjhic.

Thank you very much!