ShoaibZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

What is the best way to make a review most effective & informative?

Hello fellow guides! 

I am a local guide from Lahore, Pakistan. Its been 5 months since I joined this platform with a vision & an inspiration. Since then, I have been contributing in the maps by sharing reviews, updated information & pictures about places around the world where I have been to so far. 

I just wanted to take few expert opinions how to make a review both compact & informative? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Furthermore, below is the link to my first ever post I made sharing my background & things that inspired me to be a local guide. If you happen to have your own story, feel free to share it with me as well...! 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/A-Pakistani-Who-Became-A-Google-Local-Guide...

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: What is the best way to make a review most effective & informative?

Hi @ShoaibZ@YanniY created a post about writing informative and useful reviews on Google Maps which rocks. I have started to focus on adding wheelchair accessibility information to my reviews to help people who are wheelchair users as well as people who aren't as mobile as others. I find it to be helpful for others but eye-opening for me to see how inaccessible the world has become. Of course, I still comment on the rest of the experience but like to end the review with that information, too. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler
Solution

Hi @ShoaibZ@YanniY created a post about writing informative and useful reviews on Google Maps which rocks. I have started to focus on adding wheelchair accessibility information to my reviews to help people who are wheelchair users as well as people who aren't as mobile as others. I find it to be helpful for others but eye-opening for me to see how inaccessible the world has become. Of course, I still comment on the rest of the experience but like to end the review with that information, too. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 6

Dear @TraciC

This is very thoughtful of you & I am really much impressed & inspired coz I didn`t think of it before. Mostly I was focusing on quality of the product, environment/decor, behavior of the staff (if applied) & any particular piece of information I got which a person gets to know by personally visiting that place. I appreciate your contribution & looking forward to some other positive suggestions like yours.

Level 6

@JeroenM Thank you buddy for sharing such good posts with me! Appreciate it! 🙂 

Level 8

You are welcome 🙂

Level 10

Hi @ShoaibZ, beside Yanni's excellent post, the help center also has an article about "Tips for writing great reviews".