Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

What is "Local Guides Beta" badge?

what should i do to earn a badge

14 comments
Googler

Re: What is "Local Guides Beta" badge?

Hi there. The Local Guides Connect Beta badge was awarded to Local Guides who participated in the Beta test of Connect. If you visit someone's profile and look at their badge, you'll see a description of it which usually indicates how the person earned the badge.

Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 12.45.56 PM.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Level 8

The badge was awarded to those who participated in Local Guides connect beta test.

Level 8

Hi @TraciC,

Do we have a place in LGC that lists ALL badges that we will see in LGC?

When a new Badge is seem which is not listed in our own profile, that list will be handy for user to verify that those new Badges are indeed awarded by LGC.

I think to highlight what Badges will be earn by activities withing LGC and what Badges will be "earned" by outside activities will be even better.

Googler

@YK1001 You can see available badges by visiting your profile and clicking through to the badge listing. We do not have a central place for available badges as not all are public and we think it's more fun for people to earn them as they contribute. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @TraciC,

Having the central list, the purpose is not to tell LGs what can be earned.  It is to tell LGs what kind of expertises will be available in LGC.

Level 8

Hello
I am a local guide in Panama and I have noticed That Google do not take into count to the community of Panama for benefits, and other activities
I like the program ; but I would like that Google to take into count more to Panama
Thank you

Valentina Caldito, Local Guide-Panamá,LG SUMMIT Attende
li-image id="128352i6806EC310B635E24" width="26" height="19" alt="panama-flag-clipart-6.jpg" align="left" resized="true" size="small" sourcetype="new">
Connect Moderator

@ValentinaCaldito Google used to own a few official Local Guides Communities, but currently all of the Local Guides communities are owned and moderated by the member of the communities themselves. Google will provide support to communities where the owners have gone through moderators training. For more information you can check the article below:

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6273834?hl=en&ref_topic=6214612

Next time it would be a good idea to create another post if you want to ask something unrelated to the original post, so the discussion is more organized 🙂

Level 8

Thanks 

It was when I began to post and I didn't understand this new platform. 

Thanks for your advice 

Valentina Caldito, Local Guide-Panamá,LG SUMMIT Attende
li-image id="128352i6806EC310B635E24" width="26" height="19" alt="panama-flag-clipart-6.jpg" align="left" resized="true" size="small" sourcetype="new">