AsadMayo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: What is after Local Guides Level 10

Thank you for a great answer. On point and with enough detail.

Connect Moderator

@Vvincent Google would indeed be an obvious candidate. Probably a long shot, but you never know 😁

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

@Vvincent wrote:

Bonjour à tous,

Que penses-tu de l'idéal d'un algorithme, analysant le profil de contribution d'un guide local, comment permettre d'avoir une meilleure validation lors d'une contribution? Voir l'ensemble de ce post.

This is already what occurs.

As mentioned, your Local Guide level is in no way an indicator of your mapping ability.

Instead, each edit you make contributes towards your level of trust in that type of edit.  So just like taking a photo does not show you to be an expert when editing the map; similarly moving place markers does not show you to be an expert at how to name features.  Your map editing thus slowly builds up your map trust in that type of edit.  This trust can also be regional, you may build up a lot of trust in a certain type of edit but find that trust does not transfer to the same edit in another country.

Mapping is incredibly complex, so the amount of edits to make a difference can be quite high.  The most experienced mappers do have high trust level, but they have earned it over many years of mapping.

As for the details of this algorithm or the ability to see your trust score; that is not an option as that would create a guide for spammers.  What you will notice is that the more correct edits you make, the more often they will not go into review.  No one, however, will ever get to the point where they are never reviewed; spot checks are needed to ensure people stay on track and some edits will always have such a high trust requirement that no one will achieve it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

@iyudhi 100% agreed

Connect Moderator

@Vvincent, I agree with @FaridTDF @iyudhi and @Flash. For me, at a Level 8 (just passing the 20,000 points threshold), I find when I make edits sometimes I get them automatically approved, and then there are times it can take months for an edit to be reviewed. 

It's Google's algorithm that none of us have complete control and never will, no matter how much trust you via the years of mapping as stated by Flash. 

As for @AsadMayo, congrats on reaching Level 10. This is a major accomplishment.  Not many Local  Guides have reached that level.  You and 235 other LGs.

I agree with iyudhi, keep doing what you're doing. We have other fellow Level 10 LGs that have clearly surpass the 100,000  points because they enjoying contributing to  Google Maps.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

@Vvincent Thank you for recognizing me in this field and yes I could offer a lot in of sense of Mapping in my theory about this, is to create several practical Maps that are adjacent to Map required so as follows: 1. Map for a city  2. Map of a country Remote township state Hwys 3. create Map sat view of that state

so as follows: interpret Maps 1, 2, and 3 to maps interpreter for him to understand your competent to me That's trust right there.

thank you @Vvincent and kind regards

@Vvincent wrote:

Bonjour à tous,

Que penses-tu de l'idéal d'un algorithme, analysant le profil de contribution d'un guide local, comment permettre d'avoir une meilleure validation lors d'une contribution? Voir l'ensemble de ce post.

Par avance un grand merci 

@OSAMA

@Jagadeesh_Reddy

@MrLens

@CesarRodriguez

@ErmesT

@LucioV

@DavidTito

@TraciC

@KarenVChin

@AGarner

J'en oublie ...

Connect Moderator

What you should also remember is that it is not required that you be a Local Guide in order to edit the map.  This is another reason why the LG rankings and the map editing trust are two separate systems.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Bonjour à tous,

Merci beaucoup @Flash pour cette réponse aussi détaillée.

Bonnes contributions à tous

Level 10

Bonjour @KarenVChin,

Merci pour votre retour, je viens de lire le post de @Flash et je suis d'accord avec lui.

Je suis actuellement comme vous ai niveau 8 avec 17 000 points. 

À votre santé

Vincent

Level 7

Hola @JanVanHaver.

¿Cómo tu puedes probar que eres LG de cualquier nivel, si Google no permite ni desea que exista ninguna identificación al respecto?¿Enseñando Maps en la pantalla del movil o del tablet?

Creo va a ser una rara opción...hasta para los LG nivel 10.