YD1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

What is Moderator and how to become a moderator?

I am a Local Guide of Level 5.I want to become a moderator.Will anyone tell me how to become a moderator?
K.Y.Datta
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: What is Moderator and how to become a moderator?

Hi @YD1, there are two types of Moderators for Local Guides:

1. Community Moderator - You basically need to own or help manage a Local Guide community of an area of your expertise. For more information you can check out the following article:

Guidelines for starting a Local Guides community

2. Connect Moderator - Basically you help moderate the Local Guides Connect forum. Level 5 Local Guides who regularly contribute to both Google Maps will be considered based on their high levels of activity within Local Guides Connect. There is no application or nomination process, simply keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides around the world and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected 🙂

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

1. Community Moderator - You basically need to own or help manage a Local Guide community of an area of your expertise. For more information you can check out the following article:

2. Connect Moderator - Basically you help moderate the Local Guides Connect forum. Level 5 Local Guides who regularly contribute to both Google Maps will be considered based on their high levels of activity within Local Guides Connect. There is no application or nomination process, simply keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides around the world and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected 🙂

Level 8
Level 8

Thanks @iyudhi for solution.

K.Y.Datta
Connect Moderator

@YD1 Anytime 🙂

Level 7

Hi @iyudhi,

I am a mod for an unofficial community. However, I still do not have the mod badge?

Level 7

Hey, Thanks for your great explanation, I was also having the same question? But now I

@iyudhi wrote:

get to understand. 

Level 6

@iyudhi thank you and I got understand it clearly . So the link you have mentioned on your answer has expired. Please  update  it if you can. Thanks again.