Siddu_Nilugal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

What inspired you all to become Google Local Guide?

I am on level 6 now. I sometimes find so many things that are missing on maps and it frustrates me sometimes as i waste time finding them. So I thought I could use few minutes to help people find what they are looking for. What inspired you all to become Google Local Guide?

7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: What inspired you all to become Google Local Guide?

Hey @Siddu_Nilugal,

You are in for the right reasons! I understand your them for sure.

I personally dedicate parts of my time to be a Local Guide, because I care for the small businesses. People nowadays would directly go to the nearby mall to buy something they need(nothing wrong with that), completely forgetting that they can find the same thing in the local market. So adding the small businesses from the local market on Google Maps makes difference for the owners.

I like thinking that mapping the local convenience store is helping the owner.

@KlaudiyaG how about you?

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Former Google Contributor

Hi guys,

Thank you both for sharing your stories. @Siddu_Nilugal I admire the fact that you decided to become a Local Guide, because you want to help others. Like both of you I also enjoy improving my community and city and of course meeting some great people who are sharing the same passions as me. If you are interested to check other Local Guides stories and experiences, please click here.

@Siddu_Nilugal I noticed that you are new, so here are some tips on how to use Connect. You can start by going through Help Desk and Tips: Using Local Guides ConnectAs it suggests there are plenty of ways to have fun and engage as a part of the community. You can share photos and experiences, give feedback, meet and connect with other local guides. Sounds exciting, right? You can start by sharing a bit about yourself on this month's Introduce yourself topic. If you have any questions, first search in the community as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Hope that this was helpful!

Cheers,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Googler

Hi @Siddu_Nilugal. I've been content like reviews to Google since 2011 and I love helping people to discover places or to make a decision about where to go to best serve their financial and time requirements. We have so many choices, why not make a good one? 🙂 So, I love helping others but for me, I love documenting where I explore!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7

I figured that since I enjoy photography and helping people out, it only made sense to try and improve maps for everyone else. I'm still learning a bit, and I'm going to start taking pictures with my dslr and uploading those as well. I just enjoy having a goal to work towards. 

Level 9

Very nice question @Siddu_Nilugal 🙂

I Love Maps from when I was a kid 🙂 💓

I Love read reviews about Places and shops i want to visit 💓

I love to travel 💓

I love to share my experiences 💓

And I love many many other things ...

When you find all of above on one platform one company one place with talkable map map with real reviews from real people ...

I don't know what wrong with others to join the Local Guides Program 📣📣📣📣📣

I love success stories 💓

I love machine learning and new  💓technologies and how it can make our life easier 💓

I 💓 Google 😄

I 💓 to nominate

@ErmesT @LucioV @HelloSamsonR  @SoniaK @KarenVChin :-))))

Level 10

Hi @Siddu_Nilugal, this is a very good question. In my case, I started uploading pictures to Maps because a friend suggested it to me and I liked the idea. At first I did it because of earning points... But later on I noticed that it's a great way to make my opinions and my pictures become helpful and useful for other people! It's great that everybody can participate and contribute their best. I (as many other Local Guides) am motivated and enthusiastic about making Maps better, about helping create a reliable source of information, of trying to do as good as I can to make everything work much better. And I love taking part in something big like this! That's my motivation.

Regards from Buenos Aires 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Great question @Siddu_Nilugal. I've been a Local Guide since March 2015.  How I started was a challenge created by Mexico City Local Guide @ReyLey. What got me hooked was the ability to point out and share my great experiences with the local businesses and places in my community, whether mom and pop shops or famous tourist attractions,  

Cheers,

Karen