YusufAhmad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What if 1TB Drive Strorage offer Validity is expired?

I have stored lots of photographs and videos to my drive storage. What if the offer validity is expired? If it will saved or deleted? Whether I can access to my files?

California, United States
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What if 1TB Drive Strorage offer Validity is expired?

You still having access to your files, but you will not have more space for the email. 

The solution is to transfer all the photos to Google photos, where are stored in high resolution for free, not using space

My free space already expired, so I wrote this for people that can face the same situation 

Help-Desk/How-to-use-your-space-in-Google-drive/

Ermes 

Level 10

Re: What if 1TB Drive Strorage offer Validity is expired?

@YusufAhmad

Google will not delete your files, it will be there as always. But when you are over limit, you cannot add more files, and after 24 hours, your gmail will stop receiving messages. All the data stored is counted in a single pool. That's not a good situation to be in.

You can try this method to recover storage space (assuming your photos and videos were not directly uploaded into G Drive)

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Free-up-space-in-your-Google-Drive-for-phot...

Otherwise, you may need to purchase storage subscription, or download and re-upload to Google Photos in High Quality (unlimited 16MP / 1080p)