DiAnaUS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What happens when the promotion of free storage ends?

To the local guides level 4 and above,who have been doing this for a long time (2+yrs)....

When the promotion of year storage ends, does Google usually do another promotion? 

I have noticed in a pervious thread that last year Google had offered 1TB of storage, and this year was downgraded to 100GB, which is still very generous. Has free storage,of any size, a usual continous promotion from the past years? 

The only reason I ask is because I don't want to get too comfortable relying on that and then the day the promotion ends my Gmail accounts freeze because it's over the storage limit of the original 15GB. Then I'm billed for monthly storage. 

Orlando, FL, United States
1 comment
Level 10

Re: What happens when the promotion of free storage ends?

When the promotion will end, your space limit will be reverted to the option you had before the promotion. So maybe 15 Gb (i don't remember) for the main users.

At this time, you still will be able to access all of your files, but if you are out of quota, you will not be able to upload any file and, eventually, other services (i.e. Gmail) will stop work or will have some issues.

You'll have the option to choose a paid plan upgrade or free some space.