AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

What do your Google Maps profile tags say about you?

Caption: A cover photo with the text "What do your Google Maps profile tags say about you?" and some cute icons.Caption: A cover photo with the text "What do your Google Maps profile tags say about you?" and some cute icons.

Update: If you're wondering why I've posted this under Achievements rather than How-Tos, it's mainly because the profile topics are related to your reviews, and the more you write, the better the topics will reflect what you are into. In a sense, this new feature rewards those who have written many reviews (a great achievement!). Yes, it is new and rolling out so you should see them soon if you haven't already! 

This is just a fun post to find out what your tags on your Google Maps profile say about you!

The tags, if I'm not mistaken, give a snapshot of what you review the most. So, if you're a prolific reviewer, you should see some interesting and fun tags! If you don't see many, maybe it's time that you sit down and write some awesome reviews! And if you're not sure about how to write reviews, read my post below for some handy tips or ask me in the comments section:

How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews

And finally, here's a screenshot of my profile tags 😘

Caption: A screenshot of the tags found on Local Guide @AdrianLunsong Google Maps profileCaption: A screenshot of the tags found on Local Guide @AdrianLunsong Google Maps profile

Unsurprisingly, "cake", "coffee" and "cafe" rank very highly but I'm surprised to see "prawn" and "steak" make an appearance! 😂

To find your tags, head to Google Maps, click on "Your profile" and underneath your profile info, you should see some tags (Google Maps calls them "topics" so apologies that I'm using the wrong term!). Click on "More topics" to see the full list. Grab a screenshot and share them in the comments below! Did you find any surprising topics?

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
102 comments
Connect Moderator

New features/categories on maps profile🤩

20200820_120131.jpg

   I have just realized as well that there is a new feature on my Google maps profile now. It's quite beautiful and colourful.

20200820_120114.jpg

It's also categorized as seen in the screenshots. Thanks to the entire Google team. It makes it easier to work with.

Cheers

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

Connect Moderator

Re: New features/categories on maps profile🤩

Thanks for sharing @SholaIB 

What is the achievement, perhaps I missed it? 

Connect Moderator

The new feature on the part of Google 😜. @Tushar_Suradkar 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

Connect Moderator

@SholaIB Got it 👍 my friend.

Level 10

Fitur Baru di Google

Apakah sudah lihat fitur baru yang ada di Google Maps kita ? Ada rincian jenis titik yang kita ulas. Misal ulas berapa restoran bakso, bebek, nasi goreng dll.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-20 at 20.42.06 (1).jpeg

Bagaimana dengan punyamu ?

Wisnu Salman from Indonesia
Level 10

Bls: Fitur Baru di Google

this is my 280th article

Wisnu Salman from Indonesia
Connect Moderator

Re: What does your Google Maps profile tags say about you?

Hey @AdrianLunsong,

this is indeed a very fun post but I really like it, LOL what the tags tell about you ... coffe, cake and prawn, nice combination haha 😂.

Here below mine, top 3 tags: Desserts, Breakfast, Wine .. nice combination too, especially for breakfast 😅.

Caption: screenshot of the available tags under my Maps profile contributionsCaption: screenshot of the available tags under my Maps profile contributions

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 9

Well, well. @AdrianLunsong 

Just yesterday I was uploading my post regarding new categories of reviews in our profile. But it's merged. 

You can check Here.  

Still I have 23 reviews.

Here my google maps profile shows about me, 

IMG_20200821_152029.jpg

 Can you count and find which amount of different tages are available on google Maps profile?? 

@AdrianLunsong 

It's good. @LuigiZ 

What about you? @C_T 

{Simplicity Is My Identity}
Connect Moderator

Fun post @AdrianLunsong I’m guessing you eat a lot of prawns 🦐 

Looks like I  spend a lot of time in cafes and shopping centres 😅😂

52FBE9AA-F074-4B71-B5AB-297ACB6DC183.jpeg