DiAnaUS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What does the orange ring symbolize?

Why do some guides have an orange ring around their icon? I still don't know what that means....

Can someone please explain? 

Thank you friends 🙂 

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL, United States
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What does the orange ring symbolize?

Level 8

Thank you @ErmesT and @FaridTDF 🙂

So the orange is for if you apply and pending and the blue ring is when you get official approved to be a community moderator? 

Connect Moderator

@DiAnaUS To add what @ErmesT said, the orange badge was given to the supported community moderators in the past. I think recently they got the new badge which is blue. You don't get access to a badge while still in pending status.

I myself aren't a supported community moderator, so can't say for sure. Perhaps someone else can chime in 🙂

The green badge is either for Top Contributor (like mine) or Street View Photographer (with the green check mark)

Also keep in mind that there's no limit of who can use these badges. A link to the template for the badge has been leaked recently, and there's no stopping anyone from just photoshopping it or creating their own. A bit unfortunate, really.

Level 8

@iyudhi thank you for all the great information! It was extremely helpful. I tend to trust more easily when the users who have all these different symbols and color rings on their profile, like you for the right answers 🙂 

...and Wow i cant believe people are creating their own symbols. Hope the issue is in the midst of being handled and fixed. Plus, now that summit attendees are announced, i hope the honest people are left in Connect 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Hola @DiAnaUS, es como indican @iyudhi y @ErmesT, yo en particular opte por utilizar únicamente el aro gris con un icono de idioma moderador, originalmente cuando eras moderador de una Comunidad y la homologaban te concedían un aro naranja, recientemente le concedieron a esos mismos Moderadores un aro azul turquesa, por eso ahora puedes ver a varios colegas en Connect con distintos aros de color.

Connect Moderator

@DiAnaUS Thanks for the vote of confidence. I still make mistakes from time to time, but I always try my best 🙂