Christina-NYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

What autumn looks like in 8 different countries

In places around the world, you can witness nature’s beautiful transformation from summer into fall. Fiery autumn colors can often be seen starting from September in the Northern Hemisphere or during March in the Southern Hemisphere. It’s the time when the temperature drops, days become shorter, and the nights get longer.

Autumn is one of the most photogenic seasons to capture, with green trees turning into dramatic displays of orange, red, and yellow. Since it’s currently autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, we wanted to share some of our favorite photos of the season taken by Local Guides like you. Check them out below.

1. Toulouse, France

Caption: A photo of a pathway with benches surrounded by trees in Jardin Compans Caffarelli, Toulouse, France. A pigeon is in the middle of the pathway. (Local Guide Miguel A. Fidalgo)Caption: A photo of a pathway with benches surrounded by trees in Jardin Compans Caffarelli, Toulouse, France. A pigeon is in the middle of the pathway. (Local Guide Miguel A. Fidalgo)

2. Bangalore, India

Caption: A photo of a tree with red and green leaves in Cubbon Park, Bangalore, India. (Local Guide Monish Bhorali)Caption: A photo of a tree with red and green leaves in Cubbon Park, Bangalore, India. (Local Guide Monish Bhorali)

3. Matsumoto, Japan

Caption: A photo of Matsumoto Castle during taken during autumn in Matsumoto, Japan. (Local Guide Yu Keung Chiu)Caption: A photo of Matsumoto Castle during taken during autumn in Matsumoto, Japan. (Local Guide Yu Keung Chiu)

4. Stockholm, Sweden

Caption: A photo of a park bench next to a river in Kungliga Djurgården, Stockholm, Sweden. There are tons of scattered red, yellow, orange, and brown leaves on the ground near the bench. (Local Guide Irina Jonsson)Caption: A photo of a park bench next to a river in Kungliga Djurgården, Stockholm, Sweden. There are tons of scattered red, yellow, orange, and brown leaves on the ground near the bench. (Local Guide Irina Jonsson)

5. Surrey, England

Caption: A landscape photo of fields with vibrant autumn colors taken on a cloudy day in Surrey, England. (Local Guide Muhammad Shakeel Ishaq)Caption: A landscape photo of fields with vibrant autumn colors taken on a cloudy day in Surrey, England. (Local Guide Muhammad Shakeel Ishaq)

6. Dalian, China

Caption: A photo of a river and promenade lined with trees in Dalian, China. There are skyscrapers and buildings in the distance. (Local Guide Roo M.)Caption: A photo of a river and promenade lined with trees in Dalian, China. There are skyscrapers and buildings in the distance. (Local Guide Roo M.)

7. Siena, Italy

Caption: A photo of pathway covered in leaves surrounded by lines of autumn trees taken in Siena, Italy. A person holding an umbrella is visible at the end of the pathway. (Local Guide Giuseppe Lo Bello)Caption: A photo of pathway covered in leaves surrounded by lines of autumn trees taken in Siena, Italy. A person holding an umbrella is visible at the end of the pathway. (Local Guide Giuseppe Lo Bello)

8. Vermont, USA

Caption: A photo of the Stowe Community Church with trees and a creek taken during autumn in Stowe, Vermont, USA. (Local Guide Charles Lee)Caption: A photo of the Stowe Community Church with trees and a creek taken during autumn in Stowe, Vermont, USA. (Local Guide Charles Lee)

Do you live in an area that experiences the beautiful colors of autumn? Share your photos of this special time of year on Google Maps and also in the comments here in Connect— we’d love to see your colorful images!

148 comments
Level 8

Re: What autumn looks like in 8 different countries

These photos are so pretty! As someone living in Singapore, I never get to experience the vibrant colours of autumn. Seeing the leaves turn yellow and orange is quite an experience!

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing beautiful photos! @Christina-NYC

These are also from Japan:-) I took them last weekend.

Level 2

Thank you for sharing @HiroyukiTakisawa! I love the fall color of the leaves in these close-ups you captured. 

Level 10

Wow! Nice post & every autumn photos awesome @Christina-NYC thanks for sharing excellent post. 

Level 10

Hi @Christina-NYC!

I love autumn too!

Here some mine photos :

IMG_1265.JPGAutumn colors, photo by davidhynoAutumn colors, photo by davidhyno

Taken in a play park of my town last year !

Thanks for this post!

Bye,

David

Level 10

Wow! Excellent autumn photos @davidhyno thanks for sharing. 

Level 8

Great pics!

Level 8

Hi @Christina-NYC  This my collection of Autumn photos that I took in my local area, Dublin, Ireland.

IMG_20181106_203720_740.jpg

IMG_20181106_203740_535.jpg

IMG_20181106_203947_958.jpg

IMG_20181025_022407_385.jpg

IMG_20181025_022228_592.jpg

IMG_20181025_072745_153.jpg

IMG_20181106_203815_180.jpg

IMG_20181106_204055_098.jpg

Level 6

Awesome photography