HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts?

Hola, pues yo te diría que lo hagas por tu cuenta, ya cuando seas de un nivel alto, ya tienes la experiencia y será más divertido con otros Local Guides de tu ciudad.

CesarRodriguez
Level 10

Hola,  pues yo diría que viendo las opiniones de los lugares de tu ciudad hay podrás ver quién está empezando, quienes ya local Guides y demás.

CesarRodriguez
Level 10

Ok, muy bien felicidades

CesarRodriguez
Level 8

A lessoned I learned from hosting my first meet-up; give a heads up. 

Some folks are paranoid about strangers walking around taking pictures of their property and typing stuff down on their phone.  As odd and unusual as it may sound, "reconnaissance" practice in our side of the world was usually carried out when someone wanted to report you or your organization to the witch doctor.  It's good manner to inform the shops and places you intend to bring a group of local guides to, way in advance and explain to them the benefits.

Mama always said simple courtesies go a long way.

Level 10

asi es @TrendingT es muy alentador saber esto de una vez por todas

CesarRodriguez
Level 10

hombre gracias por ese consejo, lo tendre en cuenta @umizbrtny77

CesarRodriguez
Level 10

hola, como estas? @KatleenB

CesarRodriguez
Level 10

muy bien @RajaDong, esa es la actitud tienes que organizar esa reunio lo mas pronto posible.

CesarRodriguez
Level 7

Hello Hello @CesarRodriguez - great to hear from you! I am in awe.. level10 - that's amazing..

I am working very hard to get to level 7 - will need to add a lot more properties and pictures, but hopefully I'll get there in 2018!

I set up a google meet up a few months ago, did a great job at advertising it, had a number of folks that said would come.

The day came, and already received a few apologies of people that couldn't make it. Was really looking forward to do it, 

but unfortunately no one turned up.... I guess I was a bit disappointed, but having read some other first timers, people don't always turn up.

It was in a very small village in the West of Ireland, and they had their agricultural show that day, so a Google meetup was the last thing on their mind.

I did connect with a few businesses afterwards, so I'll set up a new meetup in 2018, but collaborate with a few groups, and get the invite

listed in the local church newletter and work with the local chamber of commerce. I have already added many businesses to the map,

but as Google Maps keeps changing, there is always a need to update Google Maps. 

Tell me more what you do, now that you are at level 10 - is this also your full time job, by offering businesses your services, or is this just a hobby that you are

(slightly) obsessed with... Oh, and where are you?? Send me some examples ( and tips!) on how to get to level 10!!

Here is a picture of Galway City, I took it on my work to work a few weeks ago.

Shopstreetgalway.jpg

Rainy greetings from Galway

Katleen

Level 10

Hola @KatleenB, gracias por esa admiración que tienes hacia mi por llegar este nivel, pues yo llegue muy rápido a este nivel dure aprox 4 años haciendo esto, con la ayuda de unos amigos de mis hermanos, pudieron brindar muchas de las imágenes que ellos han tomado en su celular, o sea amigos de amigos de amigos, fueron muchas personas que me ayudaron a llegar has este nivel 10 la verdad estoy muy feliz por este logro y espero ir al summit 2018. Uno de los beneficios son descuentos hasta el momento. Saludos desde Villavicencio, Meta (Colombia).

CesarRodriguez