JULIUS1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

What are the perks and benefits with the new 10 level system

AM ALREADY LEVEL 4 BUT WITH MY NEW PHONE HANDSET,  AM REQUIRED TO START LEVEL 1. 

I DON'T UNDERSTAND. 

Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
8 comments
Level 6

Re: What are the perks and benefits with the new 10 level system

I guess you haven't signed into your account. Please sign in and you should be able to retrieve all the previous information and levels. 

Level 8

Hi @JULIUS1, This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us along the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Thanks for being with Local Guides. If you have any question about Local Guides or Google Map, feel free to ask here.

Happy Guiding

Happy Mapping

Regards

- Al Naiem

Former Google Contributor

Hey @JULIUS1,

Welcome to Connect.

Please double check your Google accounts. Is it possible that you have signed with another account with the new device you have?

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Hi there:

A Finnish Local Guide does get no perks whatsoever at the moment, to encourage them to reach level 10.

Hmm.

Level 7

Google makes money from the data we collect for them.  We do not need monetary compensation, but only a fool would say there should be no benefits.  Dont let big companies bend you over and use you and let it happen while you smile.

Level 8

@JULIUS1 I do understand your plight, the sync and updating of levels is an improvement point google really really needs to look into, despite being aware of it / made aware of, at best they are staggering around bigTime and they are far far away from a solution / reslution and does seem like it ain't happening in a hurry 😁

Level 8

@GeorgesHR it ain't workin, buddy..

Level 8

@GeorgesHR I am on level 8 since early / mid April and joined LG Connect on 4/24 and the level 7 just hasn't changed to level 8 despite trying all that the moderators and other local guides suggested.. we have to improve on this one for sure.