Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Any rewards in this year

HELLO EVERYONE CAN U GET A REWARDS FROM GOOGLE,,IN THIS YEAR?

Level 10

Re: Any rewards in this year

Hi @NirmalTeja

Currently there is no perks are available,keep contributing on maps and keep high your local guide level so you did't miss any perks from google.

make sure you are subscribed for perks in Email Preferences.

Hope it helps you.

Thank You

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

@NirmalTeja You can check your current perks in your personal Local Guides profile home. If non is listed, then there is no current perks for yourself.
https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

And you can have a look at this post also which lists almost all the current/previous perks
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Repository-of-lists-of-Perks-for-Local-Guid...

Just a note that Google Local Guides is a volunteer only program. And there is no payment or compensation in any way for contributions, financially or physically. These perks serves just as a token of appreciation for our participation & contributions, and should not be taken as compensation in any way. There is no commitment or guarantee for any future perks. Our contributions helps everyone else around the world and in this same way, we also benefit from contributions of others. 🙂

Level 10

@StephenAbrahamwrote:

@NirmalTeja You can check your current perks in your personal Local Guides profile home. If non is listed, then there is no current perks for yourself.
https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

And you can have a look at this post also which lists almost all the current/previous perks
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Repository-of-lists-of-Perks-for-Local-Guid...

Just a note that Google Local Guides is a volunteer only program. And there is no payment or compensation in any way for contributions, financially or physically. These perks serves just as a token of appreciation for our participation & contributions, and should not be taken as compensation in any way. There is no commitment or guarantee for any future perks. Our contributions helps everyone else around the world and in this same way, we also benefit from contributions of others. 🙂

Very inspiring speech :-))) "there is no commitment or guarantee for any future perks". Even Googlers tell about early access to Google products and other perks in future. You have gone even far :-))))

Level 5

Honestly, I understand what you are saying. But understand this, we are contributing to the Google ecosystem to help make it better, What has google done for you in return? (Considering it is a multi-BILLION $$$ company)? We are just asking reciprocity. Or better yet, give us the tools to make our contributions worth it. Google drive space maybe? But no, you are so selfish. All you can give are digital badges. What can we benefit from that??? Nothing.

You people are naively defending google's cheap stance of rewarding contributors. You choose to see it as VOLUNTARY, Charity, giving away for free, selflessly provide information but in Google's point of view is always just plain Business. They earn lots of $$$$$$$ from our hard work and they give us Badges in return. I say, No thanks Google!

Level 7

What's is use of local guide badge and point ???

I have been a google local guide for quiet sometime and am currently on Level 6, on my way to level 7... 

I am wondering if Google does provide any perk at all or anything to us, for the information we mark on the maps in terms of reviews and photos...except for some notifications about the number of views I have garnered, I have never got any other perk...neither am I able to show off the badges anywhere else...forget that I really need to hunt for the link of the badges I have earned to view mine....

There are also no badges for garnering views and such things....this should be upgraded and soon... because except for showing my guide level on the reviews I post there's nothing else here.... If anyone has any information or wishes to say something feel most welcome to put in your words 🙂

AKS
Level 4

NO REWARDS ...REACHED LEVEL 5

I am also level 5 with 500 points but didn't get rewards ...is there really amy rewards offered by google or it is just waste of time

Level 7

Re: NO REWARDS ...REACHED LEVEL 5

@kaurpriya As a local guide, you are making apps like google maps convenient for the general population - in a way for yourself (if if have used it to locate places for example) - Consider that as the least reward. Keep contriuting and you might end up with other form of rewards. 

Level 6

Re: NO REWARDS ...REACHED LEVEL 5

Don't worry you will soon get some reward..have patience and keep contributing

Level 9

Gifts & Perks.

I'm Reached at level 8 but I have not got any gift or any perk. So what should I do . Anyone's there to help.

India