Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: New Local Guide

Hi @Roquel: Welcome! Google Local Guides is a volunteer program that you can choose to participate in. Our goal is to assist others who use maps.

Perks or benefits come and go and vary by region. Have a look on this post regarding posts and how you can be informed about them if they are available.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 1

Rewards

Can anyone please tell me what kind of rewards you get from doing this?  Just discovered it and find it pretty cool and will give me something to do when out and bored as I'm in a wheelchair. Just wondering what the rewards are that I'm reading about as there isn't much info?

Thanks

Former Google Contributor

Re: Rewards

Hey @NABz3795,

Welcome to Connect! It's great to see your enthusiasm. You can go ahead and read this post to find more about the benefits from being a Local Guide. You can also read more about the points, badges and perks here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here. 

Thanks,

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

quey aboyr perk

Hi Team,

I just want to know about google perks facility , right now i am level 6 local guide but still not get any perk.

kindly do the needful. 

Re: quey aboyr perk

Hello @rats46,

Welcome to Connect! You can go ahead and read the first post in this topic to find more about the benefits from being a Local Guide. You can also read more about the points, badges and perks here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here. 

Thanks,

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 2

What are monetary or virtual benefits of being Local Guide ?

I am new here !

I want to know if there are any monetary or virtual benefits of being a local guide.

Thanks in advance !!

Re: What are monetary or virtual benefits of being Local Guide ?

Hi @guide2018,

Welcome to Connect! As mentioned in this postLocal Guides enjoy early access to new product features and rewards from Google partners and these awards are available worldwide or by region. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that Local Guides are free to contribute to at their own leisure.

Make sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides settings.

Hope this helps!

- Nadya

Level 6
Level 6

Benifits

HI 

i work in marketing sector . i visit different places of India  and work to many people .now i am about to reach level 6 .

what will i get befits of it or how will i get benefit to help goo gal map or people  ..

Level 8

Re: Benifits

@Sx

first of all thanks for contributing on maps and welcome to lg connect

Helping​ People is the best thing about maps and it's a Volenteer type program they didn't give us too much from here but they give us little parks time to time for encouraging us 

• First benefit Parks,you may get some parks like discount coupon codes or free drive storage etc.
  • You may get a chance to be a beta tester or you can Early​ Access some products
  • You may get a invitation for Summit attendence (if you apply for summit and if you will select you will invite for summit)

Re: Benifits

Hi @Sx and welcome to Connect!

You probably are not familiar with this, but there is a current discussion concerning this topic and this is why I'm moving your post there. I recommend checking Jeslyn's post, as it lays down some very informative details concerning benefits, that I'm sure you'll find interesting.

Please search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

See you around,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!