NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What are the national symbols of your country ?

Nepal, officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, is a landlocked sovereign state located in South Asia between two mighty countries; China at north and India at east, west and south. The national symbols of Nepal are:

Bird - Danphe

The Himalayan monal (Lophophorus impejanus) also known as the impeyan monal, impeyan pheasant or danphe is a bird of the genus Lophophorus of the pheasant family, Phasianidae. It is the national bird of Nepal, where it is known as the danfe in Nepali.

Danfe.jpg

Emblem

The coat of arms of Nepal was changed during the reconciliation period following the Nepalese Civil War. On 30 December 2006, a new coat of arms was introduced. It contains the flag of Nepal, Mount Everest, green hills symbolizing the hilly regions of Nepal and yellow color symbolizing the fertile Terai region, male and female hands joining to symbolize gender equality, and a garland of rhododendrons (the national flower). Atop this is a white silhouette in the shape of Nepal.

emblem.png

Flag

The national flag of Nepal (Nepali: नेपालको झण्डा) is the world's only non-quadrilateral national flag. The flag is a simplified combination of two single pennons, the vexillo logical word for a pennant. Its crimson red is the color of the rhododendron, the country's national flower. Red is also the sign of victory in war. The blue border is the colour of peace. Until 1962, the flag's emblems, the sun and the crescent moon, had human faces. They were removed to modernize the flag.

flag.png

Dress

Daura-Suruwal is a national costume of Nepal, which is worn by males. It is mostly worn by peoples of rural areas and on special ceremonies with a cap called Dhaka Topi in Nepali.

Daura-suruwal.png

National Anthem

सयौं थुँगा फूलका हामी, एउटै माला नेपाली

सार्वभौम भई फैलिएका, मेची-माहाकाली।

प्रकृतिका कोटी-कोटी सम्पदाको आंचल

वीरहरूका रगतले, स्वतन्त्र र अटल।

ज्ञानभूमि, शान्तिभूमि तराई, पहाड, हिमाल

अखण्ड यो प्यारो हाम्रो मातृभूमि नेपाल।

बहुल जाति, भाषा, धर्म, संस्कृति छन् विशाल

अग्रगामी राष्ट्र हाम्रो, जय जय नेपाल।

Animal

Cattle (colloquially cows) are the most common type of large domesticated ungulates. They are a prominent modern member of the subfamily Bovinae, are the most widespread species of the genus Bos, and are most commonly classified collectively as Bos primigenius. Cows are not raised as livestock for meat (beef and veal), but as dairy animals for milk and other dairy products, and as draft animals (oxen or bullocks) (pulling carts, plows and the like). The national breed Achham cattle which falls in the Bos indicus species is understood to be the national animal.

cow.jpg

Flower

Rhododendron (Nepali: लाली गुराँस; lali gurans) is a genus of over 1000 species of woody plants in the heath family, either evergreen or deciduous. Most species have showy flowers.

Laliguiras.jpg

Language

The national language of Nepal is the Nepali language.Nepali or Nepalese (नेपाली) is a language in the Indo-Aryan branch of the Indo-European language family. It is the official language and de facto lingua franca of Nepal and is also spoken in Bhutan and parts of India. In India, it is one of the country's 2nd official languages: Nepali has official language status in the formerly independent state of Sikkim and in West Bengal's Darjeeling district. Nepali developed in proximity to a number of Tibeto-Burman languages, most notably Kirati and Gurung, and shows Tibeto-Burman influences

Color

Crimson is a strong, bright, deep reddish purple colour.

Hope you will also post about your country's National symbols and share with all Local Guides. 

@TraciC @JessicaS @CorrieD @LaxmiG  @PavelS @SumaiyaZafrinC

Source: Wikipedia, Google 

Kathmandu, Central Development Region, Nepal
24 comments
Level 7

Re: What are the national symbols of your country ?

Very helpful post. Love to know more about other countries.

Former Google Contributor

This is so interesting, @NirajBhusal! Thanks for starting this topic! However, it looks like your post was taken from this site. It'd be great if you could edit and credit the site in your post. We always encourage community members to share original content - if you need a little inspiration, feel free to take a look at what others have shared on this forum. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Former Google Contributor

The most recognisable symbol of Singapore (my city) is the lion head:

Photo credit: National Heritage Board SingaporePhoto credit: National Heritage Board Singapore

Fun fact: It is actually designed and gifted to the nation by a citizen! Just like a lion in real life, our national symbol symbolises courage, excellence and strength.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Level 7

Nice to see topics as this being started here! 

I come from Lithuania and the first symbol that comes to my mind is our Coat of Arms. It's and armored knight with a sword and a shield. Actually it's one of the oldest Coat of Arms in Europe. 

Photo credit: WikipediaPhoto credit: Wikipedia

Level 8

Level 8

National Bird of Bangladesh (magpie robin)

bird.jpg

Photo Credit @TanbeenAmin Member, Mymensingh Local Guides

National Emblem of BangladeshNational Emblem of Bangladesh

Government seal of BangladeshGovernment seal of Bangladesh

Flag of BangladeshFlag of Bangladesh

national anthem of Bangladesh

আমার সোনার বাংলা, আমি তোমায় ভালোবাসি ।
চিরদিন তোমার আকাশ, তোমার বাতাস, আমার প্রাণে বাজায় বাঁশি ॥
     ও মা, ফাগুনে তোর আমের বনে ঘ্রাণে পাগল করে,
                             মরি হায়, হায় রে—
ও মা, অঘ্রানে তোর ভরা ক্ষেতে আমি কী দেখেছি মধুর হাসি ॥

কী শোভা, কী ছায়া গো, কী স্নেহ, কী মায়া গো—
          কী আঁচল বিছায়েছ বটের মূলে, নদীর কূলে কূলে ।
     মা, তোর মুখের বাণী আমার কানে লাগে সুধার মতো,
                             মরি হায়, হায় রে—
মা, তোর বদনখানি মলিন হলে, ও মা, আমি নয়নজলে ভাসি ॥

English translation of national anthem

My golden Bengal, I love you.

Forever your skies, your air set my heart in tune as if it were a flute

O mother! the aroma of the mango orchard in the spring time drives me crazy,

Ah, what a thrill!

O mother! in Autumn time sees smiles all through mature fields of paddy.

What beauty, what shades, what affection, what tenderness!

What a quilt have you spread at the feet of banyan trees and along the bank of every river

Oh mother mine, words from your lips are like nectar to my ears.

Ah, what a thrill!

If sadness, O mother! casts a gloom on your face, my eyes are filled with tears!

Water Lily: The National Flower of BangladeshWater Lily: The National Flower of Bangladesh

Mother Languages of Bangladesh:Bengali (Literary Bangla) বাংলা

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 7

From México the Aguila real:

aguila-real-informacion.jpg

Level 7

I see that some of the countries firstly come of with their national bird. To add up to my previous post I would mention that Lithuania's nation bird is a stork. Photo Credit: lopselisdarzelis.ltPhoto Credit: lopselisdarzelis.lt