TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: What are the mapping needs in your village or town?

Hi @hamidov,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please, feel free to you add your idea in the Idea Exchange as @TraciC already mentioned.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hello, 

One of our biggest needs is for continued monitoring and map updates to the road geometry at the NY Route 390 and 490 Interchange at Lyell Avenue.  The entire Interchange is under active remodel right now.  There are new roadways that have been added and old ones removed but they aren't reflected right now in the maps.  New exit bridges and such have been built etc.  🙂 

Ian S.
(Idrive66)
Rochester & Upstate New York
Level 9

Thank you @TraciC for this informative and helpful post about map. I will make sure that I am working on it what are mapping needs in my Village and in my town. 

Googler

Hi @idrive66. It sounds like the update you'd like to be able to make is around the editing of roads. I believe an idea exchange idea may already exist but if not, would you kindly create one to others can vote on it, too?

Thank you!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Thanks for the reply.  That's not quite what I was saying.  What I was saying is there's a specific stretch of highway that needs to be remapped sooner rather than later.  It has been completely reconstructed over the summer and is now completely outdated on Google Maps. 

Ian S.
(Idrive66)
Rochester & Upstate New York
Connect Moderator

Hi @TraciC this is what comes in my mind all the time, since I live in rural area with many roads missing on Google Maps. Oh well, I will go to idea exchange board. Thanks for the information 🙂 

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

回應: What are the mapping needs in your village or town?

我希望可以增加:

水源 (收費或免費的)

佈告板(不含路牌或警告牌 只限政府設立的 例如有地圖介紹地形路線的)

標距柱(只限政府設立的 方便報告正確位置 以待救助)

山頂 (方便登高觀察地形)

避難場所 (暴雨 寒冷 應急糧水等)

我也在Idea Exchange提出了: 

荒野起區 增加地點應有等別要求

在鄉效地區 我希望可以增加的地點類別

Level 3

501C22D4-E716-488B-AF67-45ED785BA33F.jpeg

------------