AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

What are the best reviews you’ve ever written?

Caption: A graphic of a phone displaying reviews on Google Maps.Caption: A graphic of a phone displaying reviews on Google Maps.People around the world rely on reviews to make decisions about where to go for every situation. Your reviews on Google Maps help people plan trips and discover great new places.

Some of you may love to include details to help families. Others are dedicated to adding info to help people who use wheelchairs get around. Or maybe you’re on a quest to find the perfect burger and write detailed reviews to let others know where to order one, too.

Whatever you’re passionate about, we want to know what you think makes a great review. What do you love to write about? What details do you like to highlight about different types of places, like restaurants, shops, or other businesses? And what do you look for when you read reviews? Do you care if a review is entertaining, or just look for certain details?

In the comments below, link to a couple reviews you’re proud of and tell us why they’re your favorites. If you have links to other reviews you’ve used and love, be sure to share those with us too!

56 comments
Level 10

Re: What are the best reviews you’ve ever written?

Hi @AriMar I wrote a similar thread a lot time ago: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Share-your-best-reviews-suggestions-and-bes...

Here are my personal favorites

I will start with my Yosemite NPS review

https://goo.gl/maps/9C9dgrBHVRC2

I think I did my job, with some useful tricks, some photos and my personal experience.

This is my most appreciated (positive) review, about Fontana di Trevi: https://goo.gl/maps/vAWSAqgcHJx

It's nothing special, but is all from my own thoughts.

My most appreciated reviews are for businesses that i will not share here, as extremely negative.

Level 9

Thanks @AriMar 

Here is the one 

https://goo.gl/maps/FR8GoKadss42

Google Editor

@LucioV Wow! I learned a lot reading your review of Yosemite. As someone who is prone to getting mosquito bites, I appreciate that you included that detail. 

Is there anything specific you look for when reading reviews of restaurants or shops? I personally tend to scan for info about menu options, ambiance, and price. What things do you look for?

Google Editor

@AhsanBulbul Great review! I'm sure parents will appreciate your tip about where to sit with kids. Do you often share family-friendly details in reviews? What are other things you look out for?

Level 9

Not that often @AriMar. I was used to give some highlights on how the food was, how the atmosphere was. But recently I have decided to give some family-friendly details. Also to put some details on wheelchair accessibility.

I am really inspired by local guides! 

Level 10

Thanks @AriMar!

Usually for restaurants I prefer to try and write my own review 🙂

I have to admit that often I want to try a place just looking at overall evaluation, then I add my review.

Looking into depth, for a restaurant, the main aspect I look into a review are:

- freshness of goods

- overall quality/price

- courtesy

I have some test dishes (Pasta alla Carbonara, Pizza Margherita, Filetto al pepe verde) that I use to compare restaurants 😄

Level 9

Hi @AriMar this is my best review which has most views plz check link below.

https://goo.gl/maps/W8EySoSJ4xwMy best review in Google mapsMy best review in Google maps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @AriMar

This is very important and responsible job when writing review about some business places 

Like restaurant, cafe and amusement where people first see places photo and read other experience from reviewed so for honestly we could write the exactly fact and bow towards positive.

For institutions it becomes more important to decide parents to select a school or college for their children. 

My most popular review that Google identified and notified me via email is about "Water World Park" located in Karachi and most helpful review is about " Data Darbar" located in Lahore.

Level 7

What let me identify if a review was the best?
I got that one with 2977 views: sweet Sixteen about a cinema, where I put in information what is special about that place.

Then there is the one with most likes: LUDWIGGALERIE Schloss Oberhausen about an art gallery, where I put information about my experiences on the exhibition I visited.
Most of the time I write about my personal experience at the location and pointing out very different details, depending on what is (or was for me) important there. So as we had a meeting with a group at one location I pointed out what was good for us and what not, so I add information about the acoustics as it was not good and really bad for one of us who wears hearing aid.